Hello to all from Eagan, Minnesota, USA

obts000

New elf
I am doing a rather unusual project to animate a Grain Belt Beer sign that I am building. It is a 1/5 scale copy of a sign that has been in Minneapolis for about 75 years. The original is 40' square and my sign is about 8 feet square. There are 10 switchable neon segments and 997 neo pixels that make up the letters for Grain Belt Beer. I think this is a pretty simple project for xLights, but I am a complete newbie and will surely have questions when I get stuck. Thanks for having this great resource. I've attached a picture of the original sign so that you can have some idea of what I am on about. Best regards, Scott Erie

Attachments

• GB lit up.jpg
    GB lit up.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3
  • yelp GB image.jpg
    yelp GB image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 3

Katekate

Senior elf
should be pretty straightforward. you will just need to create custom models in xlights for it. you will want to create different models for each section of the sign you want to animate separately. eg. each letter as its own model.

check out this video on custom models.
View: https://youtu.be/9iPA3nEgyRk

TerryK

Retired Elf
Hi Scott:
Welcome to ACL. I suggest downloading a copy of the ACL 101 Manual if you have not yet downloaded a copy. Along with the manual, the site's Forum threads, Wiki, and Media pages are all searchable and will help individuals move up the learning curve quite well. Questions can also be asked in the Chat Room although that is most active during Australian daylight hours. There are however a number of US individuals that monitor the Chat Room during the US daylight hours. Again, welcome to the site. Cheers.