Hello! Victorian starting out

PIPPAESP

New elf
After many years of basic relay based systems we have opted for trying a pixel based show. Excited to learn a lot and see how ambitious we can get!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL from a fellow Victorian.
Not much of a learning curve to go from relays to pixels :D

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL. Have a read through the 101 manual as a starting point, then ask any questions you have in forum (if you can't find using search) or pop into chat anytime

PIPPAESP

New elf
Hi, nothing like starting late in the season :)
You might be interested in this video:
This wiki lists some suppliers where you can get what you need.
Thank you guys for the support! Putting in an order with Ray for about 2000 pixels.

Cheers for the supplier list. Need to organise an FM transmitter so will see what the forums have suggested.

Luckily we have three members to our crew so we are rather quickly getting things sorted. Big learning curve from our previous years. Swapped to xLights this year. Have used vixen in the past for our simple shows.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
I've heard a few people say Ray ahs been a bit slow on delivery lately, better check before you hand any money over if he can deliver on time.
Also check with Paul Zhang he's been keen to sell lately.

FM Tx - Signstek ST-05B, CZE-05B, CZH-05B or Rangestar FSCZH-05B are all popular and pretty much the same device from different manufacturers I'm guessing by the look of them and the very similar model numbers. About $100 on Amazon or Ebay

nightflyer00

James
Can confirm. Ray is flat out. He said my order will ship tomorrow but it's been 5 weeks now since I made payment. I've heard he does a good product but he's already told me he wasn't expecting to be so busy this year so I don't like your chances of getting an order before Christmas.

OzAz is right. Contact Paul Zhang. He's been on the forums making promises of 1 week production times.

PIPPAESP

New elf
Just a quick question. I cannot find a definite answer on the forum, can WS2815 be controlled with a Falcon v16 controller?

Been in contact with Paul Zhang and getting close to putting in my final order. Thank you for the suggestion