Hello!

MichaelAuz

New elf
Hey everyone! Greetings from Chicago, IL USA. Its my first day at this and I am sure my wife is already not appreciating my new obsession, ha. So I'm several hours into day one here. Got my controller hooked up to my computer with some pixels and test mode works in XLights with them just fine. I see the light! However, my first problem has popped up... When playing around with a sequence in XLights is there a way to see that live on the pixels and controller I have attached? Or do I have to wait until I throw it into a schedule and export it?

Thanks!

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
there should be two light bulbs on the top right corner. Output to lights needs to be selected(white bulb). It isnt in screen shot. Is that full screen shot?

MichaelAuz

New elf
Yep that is a full screen screenshot. Did I accidentally somehow hide what you are talking about?

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Yes, its in the lot of icons next to the + _ group
menu.png

You might have to change the resolution on your monitor or move one or more of the groups down so it looks like this

menu 2.png

Last edited:

MichaelAuz

New elf
I'm going to be honest... you guys are my Christmas Light Heros... There is no way I would have ever guessed that this little random bar was hiding another whole section... I dragged it down and now I found it! It works. Now on to spending many more hours on this stuff, ha.

1610924573263.png1610924723297.png