Hello

thevikester

Apprentice elf
Welcome to ACL Kiwi! Great group of guys and gals here, forums are loaded with info, and a good lurk in the chat room can yield some surprisingly good and entertaining information!

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Kiwi

logandc99

Dedicated elf
davrus said:
I'm finding that my biggest problem is finding affordable "building" components here in NZ. Stuff like PEX tubing is so expensive that it is beyond my budget (once you even can find a supplier). Even PVC tubing is not cheap, oddly enough. So I am having to revise my original design, to use things that I can afford. Who would have thought that tubing/pipe for a pixel string will cost more than the LEDs !

I have found the same thing, especially when it comes to PVC pipe. I know Shell has a local supplier selling 4m lengths around $6 to $7 (I think) so if you are close to Takanini, I'm sure she can send you in the right direction.
After paying silly prices for conduit last year (i'm on the Shore which is a long way from Takanini), I just discovered a place in Newton, just of K'Rd which cells 4m lengths of 20mm conduit for $6:90 plus GST which is way cheaper than anywhere else I have found and less than half the price of Bunnings.

davrus

Silent elf
logandc99 said:
davrus said:
I'm finding that my biggest problem is finding affordable "building" components here in NZ. Stuff like PEX tubing is so expensive that it is beyond my budget (once you even can find a supplier). Even PVC tubing is not cheap, oddly enough. So I am having to revise my original design, to use things that I can afford. Who would have thought that tubing/pipe for a pixel string will cost more than the LEDs !

I have found the same thing, especially when it comes to PVC pipe. I know Shell has a local supplier selling 4m lengths around $6 to $7 (I think) so if you are close to Takanini, I'm sure she can send you in the right direction.
After paying silly prices for conduit last year (i'm on the Shore which is a long way from Takanini), I just discovered a place in Newton, just of K'Rd which cells 4m lengths of 20mm conduit for $6:90 plus GST which is way cheaper than anywhere else I have found and less than half the price of Bunnings.

I'll be in Auckland for a couple of days soon.... can you give their name or address ?