Hello

PhilNew4

New elf
Hello from Colorado, USA. I have been reading about things on your site and am now ready to proceed. I live at 7,128 ft above sea level on the prairie East of Colorado Springs. I have been proceeding as a self taught newbie for 3 years now. Presently I run 5 LOR controllers with all LED strings (except my "Tune To" sign. I have been adding things a bit every year, since I am on a fixed income, it is a slow process. This year (2016) I added 4 Coro Trees.
I think it is time to start adding RGB to my Christmas show, so I'm here to learn. I've got the LOR programming down pretty good, but now have to decide wether to continue using LOR programming or to go th X-Lights or possibly Vixen. While in the past I have done a bit of prgramming in Fortran, as I have gotten older I have lost most of the knack of seeing the road between present position and the end result in programming.
So. I plan to start using the tutorials on this site to begin my RGB education. When reading entries on a number of forums I have just gotten more confused. This one says that such and such is best, another says that no, this over here is best, another says that they are both wrong. Yikes. Looking forward to a fun year of reading!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you will find all the help you need here. There are many ways to achieve the same goal, what you need to decide is what you want to use and where you can get the best help from. moving from forum to forum can cause some confusion