Helloooo from central qld

Gail

Gail
Hi, I'm extremely new but extremely excited to be on this forum and hopefully learn lots. Waiting for my LOR to arrive but very nervous as very technically challenged. I've won the Xmas lights for the last 3 years in my small town out in the bush. I'm hoping and looking forward to Xmas this year but am going to need lots of information. Cheers gail

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome Gail
There's a mini lighting expo on in Ipswich this weekend so you may be able to head down and have a look or maybe get onto the web stream that is planned.
I'm always glad to see another LOR user join up :)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
welcome to the Group Gail. congrats on the wins you have had over the last 3 years. you will find alot of help on this site with your lor boards. so welcome to the group.

Gail

Gail
That would be great but 12 hours from me. I live in Barcaldine but will be in Brisbane for school holidays so hopefully will be able to look at a few Xmas shops.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome7.jpg

DougieB

Full time elf
Hi Gail, I think I saw your place last year. Was out at Aramac for my Aunts 80th and stayed one night in Barcy with other Aunt and Uncle. This is the site when you need help and inspiration. Welcome aboard

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, im sure you will find all the help you need, just ask any questions you need answered and wait for the replies to come

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Gail

Always glad to see another LOR user. You picked one of the easiest systems to get started with. If I can figure how to use LOR, I think almost anyone can. :)

Lots of very nice people here that will be glad to help you out. Some have massive LOR displays while others have massive displays using other systems. If you decide to stick with LOR or switch to something more cost effective and low voltage there is tons of help on this site with the forums and Wiki. Personal favorite help source is the chat room where you can get instant answers. But even the forums most times will have near instant answers.

ewanh

what goes here?
Welcome to ACL!

Forgot the 12 hour trip, you will be making it next year, because if you hang around here enough, you can get a disease, for which there is no cure and you must feed it to stay alive. it called CLAP - Christmas Lights Addiction Problem. Sorry to say it, but by joining this forum, you have now been officially diagnosed as suffering from CLAP.

Welcome to your CLAP support forum. See you in chat for our nightly support group/self help session....

Ewan

Gail

Gail
Ha ha yep sure do have the CLAP! I only have the 16 channel LOR so not sure yet how it will fit in with my other 100's of static lights. I'm sure I'll come up with a plan.