Help a christmas lights street that got wiped out by the floods.

bianca507

New elf
Hi guys, I got sent this email from a lady in fernvale and i'm getting together as many friends as possible to buy them some more lights. Wondering if anyone else wants to help out.

Hi Bianca

My name is Pam Elliott – 46 Poole Road Fernvale Qd 4306 – phone 54267279

We spoke re Christmas decorations damaged and lost in the January flood.

Poole Road had sixteen houses fully decorated with approximately 250000 lights in all. My husband and I lost over $45000 worth of decorations collected over a period of 18 years.

A wish list would go on forever however some of the following would help as many have been rejected by their insurance companies and will not be able to afford to replace the items.

Any outdoor items in rope light would be great as over 200 of these were destroyed. Some items that were saved are missing transformers.

However any items and lights that you can supply would be welcomed by everyone.

My greatest lose was all my window displays that I had collected for the past eighteen years and many of them were one of a kind and can never be replaced . So I will have to start again.

The residents of Poole Road are still battling the after effects of the flood and all we can hope for is perhaps by Christmas things will be looking better and just maybe many of us will be back in our homes and decorating again. We all hope so as the children of the surrounding areas will be very disappointed in there is no lights.
Your kind actions in trying to helping us with this is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Pam Elliott

I will be getting a small amount of lights to help them get started once again but just thought i would throw it out there to as many people as possible.
Thanks
Bianca

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
I will have some stuff I just don't know what as of yet, what would be handy is a point that we can mail it to and some idea what they have used in the past as there no point me sending strings that have had the controllers etc removed du to previous use on a DC board if they are static or LOR displays

bianca507

New elf
Most of them seem to have used static display. With a couple of them getting transformers looked at by electricians fairly soon to see if it can be salvaged. From my talks with this lady most of what they had were rope light displays and standard fairy lights. She initially said she would be happy if each house could just get one string of fairy lights just to show that they are still there. I was just hoping we could do more for her. Here phone number is at the top of the email as is her address so please feel free to call her if u need anymore information.