HELP ASAP!

Keither

New elf
I'm at a show and I totally clark griswalded it. I can get Xlights to test my pixels in test mode using xlights 2012b, but I cant get any sequences to work at all. I've tried directly from the playlist and in a schedule. I am using an alphapix 16. What could I be missing? I might have to run these in test mode all night...

buzzdude

Full time elf
Keither said:
I'm at a show and I totally clark griswalded it. I can get Xlights to test my pixels in test mode using xlights 2012b, but I cant get any sequences to work at all. I've tried directly from the playlist and in a schedule. I am using an alphapix 16. What could I be missing? I might have to run these in test mode all night...
From the scheduler have you turned the output to lights on. Top right press the light bulb.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Boof63

Senior elf
check the output to lights is selected as keither said,
doers the hardware test pattern work ok as well
update the xlights to the current version.(backup everything else first)
pls post photos of xl and the controller setups,
sounds like data not going to the controller where its needed
Cheers Boof63

Keither

New elf
buzzdude said:
Keither said:
From the scheduler have you turned the output to lights on. Top right press the light bulb.

Dude, you saved the show!
This show build was the death of me for the past six weeks. I literally finished the build at the show, and I never got to see if everything worked before tonight. Everything was so last minute, I decided to incorporate three mega pixel trees into a rave party (The Nightmare Before Christmas) six weeks out. I learned Lightshow Pro, then scrapped that and learned xLights, spent countless hours learning about all of this and sequencing a show along the way.
All of my pixels worked except one strip which was on a stand alone piece and was omitted from the display with no issues. It's not a permanent install, and a lot of what I needed to build on arrived at the show. I pulled an all nighter splicing and zip tying until my fingers went raw. I got the display running except this one little button. I was literally inside my center pixel tree behind the DJ for the first set and a half trying to find an answer on a forum, or watch a video while a rave was happening around me when I sent out this hail Mary and you definitely nailed it for me.
You helped turn the show from three expensive blinking trees into a work of art with beautiful visuals which the crowd loved.
Now to modify the build into one tree for my front yard (hello neighbors lol)
thanks again

marmalade

cats & pixels
that lightbulb has caused me to run quickly back inside a few times as well!

So much power for one little button :D

And the loop icon has had it's fair share of emergency clicks!

Boof63

Senior elf
Glad it all worked out, but i cant take the credit, i have had similar problems and posting here,
other members have provided thought and solutions so just paying it forward
Cheers Boof63
:D :D :D :D

buzzdude

Full time elf
Yes it's a funny little lightbulb. Mine floods my outgoing internet connection, even when the scheduler is idle, leading to lots of complaints from the household. Ended up blocking xlights on the server's firewall, now everyone is happy.

cdjazman

Full time elf
buzzdude said:
Yes it's a funny little lightbulb. Mine floods my outgoing internet connection, even when the scheduler is idle, leading to lots of complaints from the household. Ended up blocking xlights on the server's firewall, now everyone is happy.

This I did not realize......... Will see if that helps my rugrats and then they can stop complaining to me...........

buzzdude

Full time elf
Oh thought it was just me. If the works let me know and raise a ticket to the xlights development team.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
buzzdude said:
Yes it's a funny little lightbulb. Mine floods my outgoing internet connection, even when the scheduler is idle,

I hadn't really noticed that, but I hadn't checked.

just did quick and dirty check, see screen shot, blue arrow when I turned lights off, red when I turned them back on. That's a reasonable amount of extra traffic on the WiFi - about 200kbps

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    43.9 KB · Views: 17

cdjazman

Full time elf
Wonder if that is the same with falcon player on raspberry pi.....???????

cdjazman

Full time elf
OK so have put a test in place that I removed the gateway from the falcon player.

See how that goes.