HELP! Falcon F16 V4 not outputting

Hi there, i'm from the UK and I am starting my own light show in 5 days, I have been setting up my pixel board and I can't seem to output. I have followed all of the video and manuals online. I a running the 16 port Falcon F16 V4 with the xlights software, I have connected the two together already, I have a green light in xlights. When i go to output I get nothing on my pixels. I've gone onto the web interface and it shows that packets are being transmitter but nothing outputting on my pixels. This is also the same problem with the test function this will not work, whatever I do. I have wired the pixel wire into the board with Black, space, yellow, red which I believe is the right output. At one point some of the pixels were on but not sure what happened, they then wouldn'y turn off. I have set it all to the correct voltage. If anyone can help please!!!

Charlie

Noticed that this is red, I this something that could be causing this not to be outputting?? If so how can I fix this. Thanks Charlie

1701027188619.png

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Noticed that this is red, I this something that could be causing this not to be outputting?? If so how can I fix this. Thanks Charlie

The red is normal. That is just showing that all 16 outputs feed off the same pixel type. It's not an error.

I am assuming you did a push from xLights; upload outputs, to define the above settings?
The first thing to get working is the test function within the controller. Until that works, troubleshooting anything else is a fruitless exercise.
For test mode to work, you have the pixels defined correctly, it sounds like it'd be a physical issue otherwise.
Double check the connections are tight - you need to loosen the screw to drop the gate down, then insert the wire, and tighten the screw to push the gate up and catch the wire.

Thank you so much, So it turns out that there were two different types of my pixel pigtails, I have picked the wrong one. Thanks so much for you help, Ill post a video of my display on here when i get it going. Huge relief! Half of my town is coming to see it on the 1st!! Thanks Charlie

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Glad you got it sorted Charlie. Hope the rest all goes well :)
Absolutely drop the display videos in the appropriate section of the site, people would love to see what you've created.