HELP---- LED RGB STRIp lights and LOR 16CD controllers

Matthew Thompson

Santa's Little Helpers
Guys and girls,
This year for the first time i have attepted to put our display to music and so far not good. THe problem i am facing is that i am using LED RGB strip lighting on a 16 channel LOR DC controller. I am running it off 12VDC. When i start the show all the lights turn white. As the show progressess through each song all the channels switch off and on as they are meant to but no colour. I originally thought that it was the LED getting a small amount of current acroos the circuitry and all the colours being energised. I tried last night to use a 22Ohm resistor aross each cabel eg Positive to Red, Poistive to Green and positive to Blue. This made no difference to the strip i tested it on. I am now at a loss of whayt to do next. I was thinking a bigger resistor but am not sure if that will help.
Hopefully i have explained the setup enough and look forward to any advice anyone can give.
Cheers
Matthew :'(

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Is the strip using 3 channels of your DC board, one for red, one for green amd one for blue?

Also check that the red, green and bluw wires are not shorted together as this will make all colours come on.

Randytenn

New elf
Something simple would be to double check your programming in LOR. You have to set up three channels in LOR for each strip, and then designate them as RGB. If you don't everything will come out as white.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
If you can post a photo of your controller set up?

It may help us help you as we'll.

Imacericg

New elf
I made this diagram to keep me honest when I was installing my strips. Does it help?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356831124.328380.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356831124.328380.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 36

Benslights

Dedicated elf
seems like the wiring is right have you double checked your config in lor. when you say it all lights up white are you meaning when you fist power the board up???