HELP - major issue with failing pixels?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I would put extreme pressure on them to replace the lot and have them take the broken lot you have back to test them. Sounds like they may not have had their solder hot enough to properly adhere to the components/PCB in the pixels.
I actually said similar about the solder as well. If the batch had been done lead free versus leaded which I know sometimes happens with my batches of boards the lead free is an entirely different animal and there's definite adhesion issues.

Ktag

Apprentice elf
is it coincidental that almost all (bar one) of my currently 200 failures (and rising) are from my two high density props which run from the same PSU (which was set at 5.26v initially) and have both been wired with power injection the same way. Could someone please review my power injection wiring and provide any thoughts, I feel comfortable there is no issue but doesn't hurt to ask.

I have spent all day working on surgically removing dud pixels and testing the result... waiting for another failure etc etc. etc. doesn't appear to be an end in sight. Just wiring the cut ends back together not replacing any pixels yet as not sure that that wouldn't be a waste of time.

So I guess no PPD wreath or matrix for Halloween. Still in talks with the supplier.

Glenn

View: https://youtu.be/45TYJDbNwqQ