help making corro present boxes

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
hey guys, in the middle of making present boxes made out of corro to put under my mega tree out the front, but have no idea how to make it all stay together. I tried a hot glue gun last night, but it didnt work....any suggestions. please

scamper

Dedicated elf
I bought a waterproof clear tape, similar to packing tape, for mine.
It works well, but does yellow, so needs to be changed each year.
the upside is you can pull it off and then store them flat.

The photo here was a test and my wife redid the taping with more care... and clean hands. But it gives you an idea of the tape.

Attachments

• IMG_4271.JPG
    IMG_4271.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 122

mborg10

Michael Borg
I used a lot of hot glue. I bought 50 30cm sticks and went nuts but hot glue is brittle and does yellow so now I use silicon and some hot glue. The hot glue keeps the panels in place while the silicone dries.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
I used a lot of hot glue. I bought 50 30cm sticks and went nuts but hot glue is brittle and does yellow so now I use silicon and some hot glue. The hot glue keeps the panels in place while the silicone dries.

I did start with that with the first couple, then realised I would need to pull them apart for storage, so when I taped the next one together, I just stayed with that.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I used hot glue gun on my Corro presents with no issues and haven't had any of them go yellow either. Not sure what brand you used but I used Bosch and bosch glue sticks, they are more expensive but maybe you get what you pay for. I did 4 big presents under the tree and 20 tiny presents spread through the garden.

diyer

Full time elf
I'm currently making a motorised hinge lid present box out of Coreflute, I have been using Sika Polyurethane adhesive.
You can buy it in Bunnings in various size bottles, the only downside is that it dries yellow but the plus is that it sticks very well and expands rather than shrinks when it dries. Recommended.

Attachments

• 2016-02-16 07.14.07.jpg
    2016-02-16 07.14.07.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 2016-02-16 07.13.08.jpg
    2016-02-16 07.13.08.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

dannyp

Full time elf
I use silicone with no problems. May need some masking tape to hold things together for 10 minutes

Wolfie

Full time elf
know this is an old thread but what about using stripped 14ga copper wire in the corners to hold them together?