Help Mike Win!

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
I just voted for you mate. I hope you win you have done an outstanding display for this year.

Mike

CLAP infected!
wow guys. thanks for voting. I dont believe we have the best display in Perth, but the one thats winning? come on.

Now an interesting development is coming about the competition.
Stay tuned and we will let you know whats going on soon

Mike

CLAP infected!
Matt thats the thing. People are doing multiple votes for the entrants, including our house.
Kane and I, as well as many other entrants have complained about the fairness of this, including the other house involved in the lead as I found out today. Its actually got to me so much that I was thinking of withdrawing from the comp (BTW we didnt enter, its just an automatic inclusion if you are collecting for PMH)
We are in contact with PMH regarding the competition and hopefully this issue will be resolved soon and be fair to all involved.
Lots of suggestions have come from us as well as the other houses on what can be done as well as PMH's own ideas.
Some suggestions included:
Scrap the whole thing
Split the prize between the top 3 or 5 houses
Get some of the sick Kids from PMH and pick a winner
PMH Foundation picks the winner by themselves.

We also spoke about the prize going back to PMH but they would prefer a different outcome at this stage.
I guess only time will tell. Will keep everyone posted.

Mike

CLAP infected!
Quick update.

Looks like PMH foundation is going to make a decision by themselves instead of relying on the vote.
Talked to them yesterday about it. They also asked if I was interested in helping them out for next years comp by giving them advice on how it can be run.
Myself along with some other houses and members from here did not want this to reflect badly on us or our displays. Hopefully some good can come of this. :)

The main objective of the competition (raising money for sick kids) has been lost by some of the participants in turn of just going for the prize money. Again we did not want this to reflect on us and nearly pulled our house out of everything bar collecting money.

They dont want to pull the competition at this stage due to them wanting the exposure for the houses involved.
Main problem they have had is PerthNow (Sunday Times) not getting their act together and throwing the comp together for them and not really giving two hoots about it. Exposure in the paper has been poor to say the least. No other form of media has been used this year, unlike Channel 7's involvement last year. So we could address that issue for next year

Hopefully it can be turned around for next year and also step it up a notch. If any of you are keen to get involved or give some ideas (even you interstate folks). Let me know.

Mike

CLAP infected!
Another update............

Lots of B*#tching going on between other houses saying the comps all wrong. Lots of negativity coming our way by the sounds of things too of which I am upset about. We only wanted to raise some money and put a smile on some faces, not be in the middle of some Christmas light warfare.

PMH contacted PerthNow and asked if they could do an ip trace on the votes. Of which they cant. They then contacted us to see if we would mind going back to Zero votes with the other 2 houses. I said that was fine to make things fair as if people want to re vote for our house they can and will. If not so be it.

The other 2 houses did not agree so the vote reset is not going ahead. PMH has been fielding very abusive phone calls all week about the comp.
The CEO has basically said lets run as it is for now. Prize structure has changed and now there is no voter prize. Kinda hard to give a voter prize away with no voter names.

Prizes now will be awarded down to 5th place as decided on the votes. How big or small has not been disclosed. But they did say they would keep an eye on the vote tally. What that means, I dont know.

Tomorrows the last day of the comp and it officially closes at I think 10pm . I guess we will find out whats really going to happen then. I just hope its a good outcome for everyone and they stop slagging off at each other.

Mike

CLAP infected!
Thanks to all that voted. :)

In the end we picked up 3rd place. After all the controversy that has happened I was not happy. Not on the competition placing. But the bad mouthing from others against us.

Hopefully with a little ACL influence next year the competition will be better and also the fundraising side of things. Thanks to my West Coast partner in crime for backing us up too. Cheers Kane, means a lot to us. I owe you a beer

kane

Dedicated elf
Mike said:
Thanks to all that voted. :)

In the end we picked up 3rd place. After all the controversy that has happened I was not happy. Not on the competition placing. But the bad mouthing from others against us.

Hopefully with a little ACL influence next year the competition will be better and also the fundraising side of things. Thanks to my West Coast partner in crime for backing us up too. Cheers Kane, means a lot to us. I owe you a beer
Might take you up on that beer some time!

It's a real pity about how the whole thing was run - unfortunately they didn't have the technical expertise to ensure that things were run fairly. Once it was clear that the result was tainted, they should have just canned the prizes and either split it across everyone, or just used the prize for some other fundraising. Oh well, they'll learn for next year, and hopefully there won't be any of the negativity that has really been against the whole vibe of this hobby.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
A real shame that they didnt think about IP logging when doing the competition, it was always destined for trouble. I hope it hasnt made them feel like not running another competition for next year and with the money they were offering it should be split up into different categories so its fairer for all.