Help With diyled express 6 port E1.31 brigde

timm1811

New elf
Hi ca anyone please help me. have just build and tried to connect to the diy led express e131 bridge using the instuctions. I am having trouble with setting a static ip address on my pc and I cant get on to the config page of the bridge unless I force it to use dchp but it needs me to have the ip address of 192.168.0.1 for my pc. need help please!!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It varies a bit by OS but what you'll need to do is get into your network settings via control panel (actual method depends on OS). Go to settings, select TCP/IP or Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6) or whatever (this varies depending on OS). Click on properties. Obtain an IPv6 address automatically is probably selected. You will need to choose "Use the following IPv6 address". Beside that you'll need to enter the 192.168.0.1. In the default gateway you'll need 255.255.255.0.

Making these changes can affect your access to your router/modem and potential issues with your firewall and possibly router firewall.

I hate serial data and ethernet is the king of serial data. If in doubt it's quicker to pop into chat and catch 1 of the guys that play with ethernet lots (I don't) or if all else fails google knows all.

kane

Dedicated elf
AAH said:
Go to settings, select TCP/IP or Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6) or whatever (this varies depending on OS).

Slight correction - it's actually IPv4 you'll want to change..

Doing a quick google for changing IP address comes up with the following link - you'll want to go down to the "Changing Your Private IP" section and start at #3..
http://www.wikihow.com/Change-your-IP-Address-(Windows)