Help with LSP controller set up for mega tree

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Ok I am currently gettin my learnin on with setting up my new mega tree in LSP.

Tree specs are:
32 Strands of 42 pixels
Pixel #1 starts at bottom then goes up, down, up, down for a total of 168 Pixels (1 universe) for 8 universes in total.

I have created an e1.31 controller for each strand (32 in total)
I have drawn the visualiser image for the tree selecting option B for Z pattern tree.

My question is:
How do I reverse each second controller (Strand) so that when I run a chase it flows correctly?
ie. controller 1 is pixel 1 --> 42, controller 2 should be Pixel 84 --> 43

I know how I can do this manually by dragging each channel within each controller but surely there is an easier/ faster way?
Theres an option to "Sort by channel number" but you can only sort ascending?? wheres the descending option?

Cheers
Rod

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
the way steve showed me the other day was tro create a single controller.. so for you it would be 1344, or 4032 channels.

Then in LSP when you select your tree configuration, all you need to do is slect the one that starts at the bottom.

that will work within LSP no worries.

From there, the only other settings you need to do are in the controller setup screen itsel (j1sys setup), change the maximum channels for each universe to what ever the maximum pixels in each universe are. So if each universe has 504 channels, set it up so it only sends to 504 channels. it will then automatically send to the next universe......

I could be wrong, but thats how i understand it

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Matt said:
the way steve showed me the other day was tro create a single controller.. so for you it would be 1344, or 4032 channels.

Then in LSP when you select your tree configuration, all you need to do is slect the one that starts at the bottom.

that will work within LSP no worries.

From there, the only other settings you need to do are in the controller setup screen itsel (j1sys setup), change the maximum channels for each universe to what ever the maximum pixels in each universe are. So if each universe has 504 channels, set it up so it only sends to 504 channels. it will then automatically send to the next universe......

I could be wrong, but thats how i understand it

Thanks Matt but thats not my issue
Ive set the tree up in visualiser as a Z pattern as thats how it will be wired.
Its in the sequencer (controller) side that I can't work out.

whether I create 1 or 32 seperate controllers its still the same.

If say I want to turn on the bottom 10 pixels of each strand on the tree.
I cant select and toggle them all at once, I need to select the first 10 channels on the first controller then select the last 10 on the next controller etc etc.
Does that make sense?

Another example is if I create a spiral in nutcracker, when I paste it into my setup every second strand is frack to bunt?
Or am I going about it all wrong?
Should I just set everything up as a normal bottom fed tree and make the switch in the config of the P2?
If thats the case I'm not sure why LSP has the function to set up as Z then?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im trying to work out what your trying to achieve here

It sounds like you wanting to create chases manually across the grid and that tree will be physically wired as a zig zag, well this wont work and you will get the result that you see as the channel numbers are sequential for controllers in the grid

When you draw the tree you set the drawing as a zig zag but this is the mapping for LSP for the visualizer which enables you to use macros and transitions correctly, it does not re-orientate the channels in the grid.

So then do your effects using various macros or chases using the colour slider macro instead,
or
if you still want to do your chases the old grid based way then do your suggested option where you set the controller to zig zag and then set LSP to all start each string from the bottom instead of using the zig zag.

Hope that helps