Answered Help with P10 Panel configuration, please

trikidiki

New elf
Can anyone give me any pointers to where my problem lies.
I have a 32 x 16 RGB panel connected to a Pi 3+ via an Adafruit Bonnet.

In Xlights I have only the Matrix configured

Setup:
Number: 1
Network: Null
Universe: 64001
No. of Channels: 1536
xLights Mapping: Channels 1 to 1536
Active: Yes
Description: P10

Layout:
Direction: Horizontal
# Strings: 16
Nodes/String: 32
Strands/String: 1

Sequence:
Only one sequence of "Lines" (rotating triangles)

In FPP:

Channel Outputs/LED Panel:

Enable LED Panel Output:
Panel Layout (WxH): 1 x 1 Start Channel: 1
Single Panel Size (WxH): 32 x 16 Channel Count: 1536
Model Start Corner: Top Left Default Panel Color Order: RGB
Brightness: 50% Wiring Pinout: Adafruit
Panel Gamma: 2.2
Color Depth: 8
Connection: Hat/Cap/Cape GPIO Slowdown: (1 x multicore Pi's)

In xLights I have saved the sequence then uploaded it into FPP. I go to Display Testing/ Sequence and play the sequence.

The problem I am seeing is it appears to be showing the blue/red rotating triangle, however the panel is divided in two horizontally both showing the same image of corrupted rotating triangles.
In the Display Testing/Channel Testing, some of the Test Patterns display as I'd expect but others show some patterns but not as I was expecting.

I am not sure if the problem is my xLights configuration, my FPP configuration or in the Pi/Bonnet/Panel hardware.

Thanks for any input.

trikidiki

New elf
On doing a bit more digging, I think my panels are 1/4 scan which doesn't appear to be supported by the Pi and Adafruit controller.

I have a Beaglebone Black and have an octoscroller on order but it will take a while to come and I would like to confirm the cause of the problems If it is the panels then I shall return them. Does anyone have or can you point me to a schematic for the connection between the BBB and the panel, I would like to create it on a breadboard while I'm waiting for the hardware to arrive in order to test the panels.

Cheers

dkulp

Full time elf
If you look on the fpp device in /opt/fpp/capes/bbb/panels, there are files there where you can see which pins are mapped to each of the signals.