Help with Skeleton Band sequences?

goodyearkl

New elf
Anyone have the holiday coro skeleton band (dancing, drummer, guitar)? If so would you mind sharing a sequence? I haven't a clue how to get them to do anything. Thanks in advance!

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Making sure I understand what you mean when you say "how to get them to do anything".

Are you using xLights or something else? Is the prop in the layout, connected to the controller, working, and you just need to sequence it?

If not yet, have you seen this page with the models? https://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=185

In my travels, I have seen only one sequence that uses these props... Monster Mash.

View: https://vimeo.com/227355103

It has ON and OFF effects applied, but it ought to be easy enough to put state effects on also.

goodyearkl

New elf
Making sure I understand what you mean when you say "how to get them to do anything".

Are you using xLights or something else? Is the prop in the layout, connected to the controller, working, and you just need to sequence it?

If not yet, have you seen this page with the models? https://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=185

In my travels, I have seen only one sequence that uses these props... Monster Mash.

View: https://vimeo.com/227355103

It has ON and OFF effects applied, but it ought to be easy enough to put state effects on also.

Thanks so much I don't have the controllers yet should arrive this week. Just trying to get the sequences set up in xlights. I had no problem with the matrix and the singing props and lights but I don't have any code or sequences for the skeleton band. This is my layout. All my props and controllers should arrive tomorrow. I've never done this before so hopefully it will work out. Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 11.42.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-18 at 11.43.36 AM.png

goodyearkl

New elf
I don't know if there is anyway to figure this out. I have an LMS file that has the skeletons in it, but when I try to import it I can't match it to the the models?Screen Shot 2023-07-18 at 11.54.46 AM.png

merryoncherry

Senior elf
It may match, but then again it looks like there is a model mismatch too. For example, "body" under "skeleton drummer" probably matches "drummer body". But the xlights model has "arms up" and the LMS seems to have more control over each arm separately. So, you may want to adjust the xlights model you got a bit and wire it with more strings so that you have enough segments to use the LMS file.

For curiosity, what controllers are you getting and how many plugs are on there?

goodyearkl

New elf
It may match, but then again it looks like there is a model mismatch too. For example, "body" under "skeleton drummer" probably matches "drummer body". But the xlights model has "arms up" and the LMS seems to have more control over each arm separately. So, you may want to adjust the xlights model you got a bit and wire it with more strings so that you have enough segments to use the LMS file.

For curiosity, what controllers are you getting and how many plugs are on there?
I have

Thanks. I think the problem is I don't know how to adjust the model.

Hopefully this will be enough?
20230718_152127.jpg

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Probably a bit off topic, but which controller has the long range ports for the A/C controller to attach to? I can't quite make out what is in the two darker boxes on the left, maybe that's it.

Anyway looks like 16 A/C ports there, so 5 or 6 controllable segments per skeleton. This may not be enough to do each arm and leg separately.

goodyearkl

New elf
Probably a bit off topic, but which controller has the long range ports for the A/C controller to attach to? I can't quite make out what is in the two darker boxes on the left, maybe that's it.

Anyway looks like 16 A/C ports there, so 5 or 6 controllable segments per skeleton. This may not be enough to do each arm and leg separately.
Thanks yeah its the 16 so I'll try to get one running and if it works I'll get another controller.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Unless you find yet another model, I think this is going to take a little bit of work on your part. (That's the way it is in the hobby.) But you still have a fair amount of time this season and it'll be fun.

The HC models we found seem to be pixelized. Attaching someone's A/C models for the skeletons. I am not sure why he chose to make multiple models for each part. You'd want to cut and paste these together to make it the way you're stringing it up. Just fill in the model data grid with the same number in each cell that goes with the string.

Just confirming, the AC controller has a CAT5 jack inside that must to be connected to a HinksPix PRO long range board. Are you saying the unit on the far left has a HinksPix PRO 16-port SPI and also a long range board inside?

20230718_152127.jpg

Attachments

• SkeletonACModels.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 1