Help with Spiral program in LSP

cscool36

Full time elf
Hi All,
Hoping someone can help with my mega tree programing in LSP.
I would like to know how to do a spiral affect. Or a sample of a program.
Thanks
Colin

burner

Full time elf
I have a 20 strip pixel tree (180 degrees) and ended up drawing some of my spirals, but making the timings around 15 frames per second, and colouring in 3-5 pixels across, then the next line shift 1 timing mark along (so it comes up in a diagonal line.

After that, I copied the first line and pasted it into the 2nd line of the tree, except I offset the paste by 1 or sometimes 2 pixels each time.

For extra colour, repeat the same process, but if you used say 4 timing marks across, leave 4 timing marks blank and then colour in the next 4 to make 2 diagonal lines with an even space.

I tried using the spiral macro, but it didn't produce the effect I was looking for. After seeing the effects that Nutcracker can do, I was trying to replicate that.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I have a 42 pixel x 48 string pixel tree 360 degree. I drew a line with a curve in it in the matrix tool and just copied it shift left copied shift left copied shift left. Etc. looks good in LSP but haven't seen it on the actual tree yet.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
I drew 2 curved lines on a black background in Word and saved it as a jpg.
Then used the image macro, mapping it to the matrix object.
Perfect spirals the same as in Nutcracker. I was very pleased.

cscool36

Full time elf
Thanks all for your help.
Any chance Ruprect for a copy of the jpg file.

Thanks
Colin

logandc99

Dedicated elf
What about using the line art macro effect. Does a pretty good spiral type effect.

cscool36

Full time elf
Thanks Ruprect.
I will try tonight.
Testing Done Look Great, Now just need to change the colours. Thanks
Colin

ron d

Apprentice elf
Use the same or different shaped lines in white and link them to layers using the color slider.

Using the shape in this thread and others with the stripes in white linked to other layers allows for many more options w/o the need to create so many images.