Hey from Melbourne, new to pixels. Very cool.

powerfix

New elf
Hey there, looking at supercharging my display next year, have started investing in pixels (about 3000 so far across WS2811 and WS2812B 60/m) so hunting for controller options at the moment.

Currently running a RPi with 16x Sainsmart relays for on/off effects, but need to go bigger.

I'll be more of a lurker than contributor just due to time constraints, but appreciate all the knowledge sharing in the forum.

Cheers,

Craig.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome.. back Craig?!
Lots of locals to help out if you need, where abouts in Melbourne are you? I'll also be looking to start planning the Melb Mini (expo) soon whihc will be great for noobs & pros alike to meet up and swap info & ideas.

powerfix

New elf
LOL, yeah it's a bit weird - I started doing a relay based light show some years ago (maybe around 12-13) and joined the forum and just plodded along, but now the pixels have my attention - primarily due to the ease of use now.

I'm in Narre South, and planning for this years gig so trying to get some testing underway ASAP.

Snicko

Apprentice elf
LOL, yeah it's a bit weird - I started doing a relay based light show some years ago (maybe around 12-13) and joined the forum and just plodded along, but now the pixels have my attention - primarily due to the ease of use now.

I'm in Narre South, and planning for this years gig so trying to get some testing underway ASAP.
This is a great resource!

Im in cranbourne, aroudn the corner from Djgra79 - There is a few of us in Casey

Burnts display in Carrum Downs is pretty amazing - Inspired me for next year!

Looking forward to meeting people at the mini!
Is it worth having an earlyish mini and then another say September Graham?