1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Hey from Newcastle

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by Tim and Kim, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Tim and Kim

Tim and Kim New Elf

Just saying Hi!! We have recently joined the forums as we are looking to up our game this year!!

We started our lights display in 2017, was a bit of fun - made a couple of large decorations... and then last year decided to build on that, made a massive north pole plus went on a buy/swap/sell to get a bunch more lights - and ended up with a pretty decent display, tried to raise funds for starlight foundation - didnt do great with that, as we were more of a drive-by lights than a get out and look one...

So this year we want to get people out to check out our display.. we have already started work on our centrepiece - a garden train we will decorate christmasy.. plus a "uber" tree - so just a really really tall mega tree thinking 6mtrs high (we were contemplating a pixel tree - just a bit too ambitious for us this year, not to mention a bit too expensive and the power is a bit of an issue).. But we really like the pixel stuff - so are going to be making leaping arches, this is more achievable for us this year...

Our two young girls love it, they are helping us make the stuff.. and they love meeting all the visitors!!

2. franky_888

franky_888 Apprentice Elf

Welcome! You'll find a few ACL members in or close-by to Newcastle (myself included).

Unfortunately the Aussie dollar in this current climate doesn't help our cause, particularly with most products being pegged to the US dollar. But my philosophy has always been those who do anything are doing more than those that do nothing, so keep it up! :)

Tim and Kim likes this.
  3. OzAz

OzAz Senior Elf Generous Elf

Hi from another Novocastrian, yes there's a few of us in here, though some don't appear that often :)
    What suburb are you in?

Tim and Kim likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Tim and Kim

Tim and Kim New Elf

We are in Rankin Park, near the JHH..

5. davenmarcia

davenmarcia New Elf

Hi Tim and Kim fellow novocastrian here too I'm i Shortland this will be my 2nd year with pixels but have not added any new items yet.

Dave

Tim and Kim likes this.
  6. Gee Family Light Show

Gee Family Light Show The Gee Family Christmas Light Show

Find Me On:
    Hi, We're also (sort of) Novocastrians, from Maitland! This will be our fourth year doing pixels, and I sequence all our songs myself, singing faces included. We also raise money for the Starlight Foundation. If anyone needs a hand with anything then just yell out :)

7. OP
    OP
    Tim and Kim

Tim and Kim New Elf

I (Kim) follow your facebook page :)!! Pretty awesome set up you have there!!

Gee Family Light Show likes this.
  8. Gee Family Light Show

Gee Family Light Show The Gee Family Christmas Light Show

Find Me On:
    aw thank you!! :D

Tim and Kim likes this.
  9. insttechno

insttechno New Elf

Hi guys. If you need assistance everyone here is very helpful :)

4th year for us now, still learn something new each time. We are based in Fletcher

Tim and Kim likes this.