Hey from Tassie

MD389

New elf
Hey all,

For many years during the Christmas period I've wanted to do sequenced lights but the idea never went beyond the initial google search, that is until last year :). Since Nov / Dec I have been researching / reading (and lurking) on many forums trying to get a grasp of what to do for my first show (*psst* Thanks everyone for all the great information!).

For my first year i decided to do a fairly basic show using dumb RGB strips outlining most of the front facing windows, garage door & a few mini trees along with projectors and standard led strings for gutters etc., all of this is running back to multiple relay modules controlled via an Arduino Mega + Vixen 2.

In future years I hope to move across to addressable LEDs but wanted to try and keep the costs down for the first show.

Christmas time feels like its quickly approaching and with a lot still to do I thought it was about time to stop lurking and be an active member of the community.

Liam

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL Liam.
Make sure that you grab the ACL101 and have a read through. Lots of info and links to blinky stuff.
Chat is also a great resource.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Liam!
You've come to the right forum for all your blinky question needs, lots of friendly folks around to help out. If you can't find the specific answer in the forums post a thread or jump into chat as there is always someone around.
This weekend is the Melbourne's turn to host a "Mini" expo where we get together and present and discuss all sorts of topics. It will be streamed live online on our dedicated Zoom conference room: https://zoom.us/j/175801909 so feel free to tune in over the weekend to catch some of the topics.
Cheers, Graham

Last edited:

MD389

New elf
Thanks for the warm welcome.

The 101 manual is a great resource! had the exact cable I wanted at a reasonable price :D Mini conference sounds great i'll try and tune in this weekend, will it be available afterwards via YouTube in case I miss anything?

kinglights

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL.. Heap of great stuff on this site. Make sure you read the 101 Manual. Ask heaps of question.. and have fun.