Hi All from Epping, Victoria

connorlo

New elf
Hi there,

taking my first steps into the animation of Christmas lights, and have been captivated with the Megatree. Currently looking at controllers and hoping to find good advice from all you lovely people here. Thank you in advance for your time.

Connor

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Connor!
Lots of info within the forums but if you want a quick question answered there's always someone lurking about in the chat room.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL.
There's plenty of Melbourne blinky heads that you can reach out to if you want to ask info of. A number of them are even pretty close as there's a high proportion of Melb displays in the Eastern suburbs.
Great seeing more Victorians lighting up.

connorlo

New elf
Thanks Guys looking forward to chatting to you all and hopefully becoming a part of the community :)

connorlo

New elf
Welcome to ACL.
There's plenty of Melbourne blinky heads that you can reach out to if you want to ask info of. A number of them are even pretty close as there's a high proportion of Melb displays in the Eastern suburbs.
Great seeing more Victorians lighting up.

Hi AHH, thanks for the warm welcome. I see you have your own store and products, I'm looking at a HinksPix pro or Falcon controllers but wondering if you have a somewhat equivalent to these items (just new so reading up on all the terms atm so not 100% what is what). Thanks

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi AHH, thanks for the warm welcome. I see you have your own store and products, I'm looking at a HinksPix pro or Falcon controllers but wondering if you have a somewhat equivalent to these items (just new so reading up on all the terms atm so not 100% what is what). Thanks
My pixel controllers run off Falcon Player using either a Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone Black (BBB) as the brains for the boards. The Pi boards I have will do up to 1000 or 2000 WS281x pixels depending on the board. The HE123 which uses a BBB will control up to 48,000 pixels if it's filled to capacity. It works out around half the price of an F16 or F48 and can control a lot more pixels at the expense of not being anywhere near as flexible with pixel types. It does offer a lot more power capacity as well.

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
You can also go the Aussie PixLite controller which like the Hanson boards has not got all the bells and whistles but they both just work