Hi all from Texas

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, the mere fact that your here means your already made your mind up. So welcome to the world of RGB. Feel free to ask any questions as there are a great bunch of helpful members here

jspaulding22

New elf
Finding this out: "Generally a pixel is 1 RGB LED except in 12V RGB strips (not strings) where it is 3 LEDs." makes it a sad day in my wallet. I ordered 27 rolls of 12v RGB lights not knowing that 3 LED's would light up together. I was hoping the have my tree function as a matrix as well. Only having 5 sections of lights per strip won't render a very clear picture. Looks like I am spending more to get 5v strips. Please stop me before I do if I am understanding this incorrectly.

Joe S.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
jspaulding22 said:
Finding this out: "Generally a pixel is 1 RGB LED except in 12V RGB strips (not strings) where it is 3 LEDs." makes it a sad day in my wallet. I ordered 27 rolls of 12v RGB lights not knowing that 3 LED's would light up together. I was hoping the have my tree function as a matrix as well. Only having 5 sections of lights per strip won't render a very clear picture. Looks like I am spending more to get 5v strips. Please stop me before I do if I am understanding this incorrectly.

Joe S.

My whole display including my tree is all 12vdc 3 LED per section strip, so if you watch my video of my display you will see that it shouldnt make too much a difference as you can still do animations

The 12vdc strip should be 10 sections per metre unless you have something different, do you have a link

jspaulding22

New elf
Thank you for talking me off the ledge. I guess my USA math was a little off. After I read your post, I calmed down, stepped off my roof's edge and I realized you are correct. 10 is sure better than 5. Thanks again.

Here are the one's I got from Ray: Click Here

Being new to the RGB world this year, my head is spinning. Once I think I understand something I either find out I am wrong or start second guessing myself. But this forum has helped me out a lot. Keep up the good work everyone.

Joe

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
jspaulding22 said:
Being new to the RGB world this year, my head is spinning. Once I think I understand something I either find out I am wrong or start second guessing myself.

Oh I know that feeling. It's still got me on my guard now even though it's starting to feel a bit like I may understand a couple of things. Everytime I buy something it seemed to come back and bite me in the rear. Too many things to check for suitability.

Anyway, welcome to ACL. I'll give you a high from Texas as well. I once lived in Texas too. Texas, Australia that is.