Hi everyone I am a 63 year old man living in Texas, USA. I am completely new to lighting and I need your help in the future. Thank you.

Bryan H

Bryan
Welcome to the lighting community. There will be a wealth of knowledge on this site that can answer about every question. No one here will treat a question as dumb as we all had to start somewhere. Enjoy and ask away to learn.

TerryK

Retired Elf
Hi. Welcome to ACL. I would suggest downloading and reading ACL's 101 Manual. That manual is a good place to begin for someone entering the hobby. ACL's Wiki, Forums, and Display Videos are searchable and also can provide solutions and/or ideas. Questions can be asked in the Chat Room and while it is more active during daylight Australian hours, there is generally always someone in there.

BRW

New Elf
In Australia we call that "Down the road" :laugh:

In Texas that's an afternoon drive. To most of the US that's several states. If you flip texas on the easternmost point, El Paso is in the Atlantic. Flip it on the most western point, and Texarkana is in the Pacific. But awfully puny compared to down under.

We have a tolled highway close by, the speed limit is 85 mph (135 kph?), but ten over is pretty common. It allows you to travel a good distance in a short time - but only if you're going where the rd goes. :)

What are the legal speeds & actual speeds on your cross country rds? I've always intended to visit but may not make it in my lifetime now.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
What are the legal speeds & actual speeds on your cross country rds? I've always intended to visit but may not make it in my lifetime now.
Mostly 100kph but some sections are at 110kph (55-60mph) I don't know if it's still the case but the NT was unlimited. They actually ran a couple of Cannonball Runs there until someone in a Ferrari killed themselves coming off the road North of 300kph. NTKing might be able to clarify?
You could drive for 24hrs in some states here and not be halfway across them.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL. As others have mentioned the ACL101 manual is a must read. Drop by the chat room if you have questions. Tons of information and helpful members here!

BRW

New Elf
Mostly 100kph but some sections are at 110kph (55-60mph) I don't know if it's still the case but the NT was unlimited. They actually ran a couple of Cannonball Runs there until someone in a Ferrari killed themselves coming off the road North of 300kph. NTKing might be able to clarify?
You could drive for 24hrs in some states here and not be halfway across them.
That's some distance! I hope to get the chance to try it.

ejryan14

New elf
I just finished my first display in Fort Worth TX. This site and the Facebook XLights forum helped a lot.