Hi From Armadale (Victoria)

ecbailey

Full time elf
Hey Guys,

I have been doing the not so big Christmas light displays in my backyard for a while, however lately I have became much more knowledgeable on electrical theory and so on, so I have decided to give the computerised show a go and put it out the front to show off.

Considering all I have is lights and a few powerboards and timers, I'll be buying everything I need soon and I don't want to waste money/time on stuff that ain't going to work, so, where should I post my 'plan' (or lack of) and purchase list for everyone who knows what they are doing to pick over?

Thanks,

Evan :) :)

DougieB

Full time elf
Welcome Evan
The folks here will ensure you are on the right track, nothing worse than wasting money when things can be done simpler and easier
Doug

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL Evan, lots of help and info to help you go to the next level. The chat room is a great place to discuss your plans and get some ideas. What you plan now may very well change once you start getting some ideas.

if you havent already downloaded the ACL Lighting 101 manual then i suggest starting there

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Hi Evan,

I think the best place to go for seeing what everyone else does and to talk over your plan is your local mini. What's more, you're in luck! The Melbourne Mini is only 3 weeks away. Bring along your ideas and have the chance to talk about them face to face with a whole group of people who know exactly how important it is to get your Christmas lights right!

Sign up here if you can make it: http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1426.new.html

Tess

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome44.gif

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome Evan
Posting in the Family Room section is probably the relevant section for ideas on what you're thinking of buying and feedback etc. The Melbourne lighting mini is only a few weeks away and is definitely worth going to especially if you're looking at jumping in the deep end.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Evan

AAH suggested Family Room to post a message about layout ideas and such -- I agree

FastEddy suggested the chat room for open discussion -- that is my favorite place to ask things -- you get real time answers from some very smart people -- We all let FastEddy think he is the smartest person LOL