Hi From Buffalo, NY USA

niteshift38

New elf
Paul here. I'm about as newbie as they come. I LOVE Christmas lights and have always been in awe seeing the sequenced light displays! I'm an industrial electrician for Ford, but most of my knowledge and experience is robotic based. Seeing the light at the end of the retirement tunnel and figuring I would like to join in on all the fun. I figure if I start now, I might have a little better chance of enjoying the hobby more when I retire in several years. Hopefully make my mistakes now while still getting paychecks ... LOL

I have been doing a ton of research, and the main 2 things I've learned is that #1) I have so much to learn and #2) That ACL is DEFINETLY the place to be for information, help, and friendship !!!! I want to start small at first, so I'm trying to make sure to learn the right ways and wrong ways of doing things. So again HELLO to all !!!!

(sorry for the lengthy introduction)

niteshift38

New elf
Thanks for the warm welcome! The more posts, tutorials, etc. I read, ACL is AWESOME for a newbie such as myself!!! ... Thanks to ALL that contribute :)

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Welcome to ACL

This is by far the best place to learn and get educated on "Blinky"

Also, jump into chat. Chat is a great place to introduce yourself and ask questions, thus learning even faster.

You can also browse the forums where you will find links to peoples displays, how to's, pics and diagrams

-Blu

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome55.gif

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL Paul !

Yes, you are going to find a great deal of information on here to help you get things running along with awesome people that can answer just about any question that you can come up with.

I ma in your neck of the woods as I live up near Lake Placid myself so feel free to ask questions here and study the articles!

Bill

arw01

Full time elf
Welcome into the fold, it's very exciting times in the blinky community, so many new items coming online this year to "make your life simpler"! NOT!

Was in your shoes a couple years ago when the wife said "we need to do that" which turned out to be all me as I went the DIY completely route.

I've started to add some commercial quality Minleon strings here and there so as to not have some issues that others struggle with.

Up in Buffalo you will have to figure out how to raise your ligths up a aways to get away from lake effect snow hiding your whole show in a night!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, Im glad you have found the forum to be helpful, feel free to also jump into chat as there are also some great help in there as well.
Anyway lots of great help and advice form a very helpful and freindly community so dont be aftraid to ask questions and eventually the pieces will start to fall in place.