Hi from Burpengary, Queensland.

swfraserau

New elf
Hi all
Scott here. I've been doing Christmas displays for about 14 years. I started with sequenced lights in 2006 with a couple of 16 channel controllers from Animated Lighting. They lasted 2 years 'till they got fried during a storm, A couple of years ago I bought another 2 controllers. I haven't really done any sequences myself, just ones straight from them. For this year I wanted to add some RGB floods to the trees in the front yard, and was thinking of going to Light-O-Rama for controllers...until I found this forum. I've been looking around here for a couple of weeks, and I am truely impressed by the knowledge and dedication of the members here.
So now I think I will keep useing the Animated Lighting controllers for my 240V items, and make a decision about controllers for the DC items. I think LightShow Pro will be my choice of software so I can run with the mixture of hardware.
So here is a couple ofpictures of my 2011 display, and I look forward to learning alot more from everyone here.
Cheers.
DSC_0591.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Great to see another Queenslander joining the craze. You have a great looking display already and I cant wait to what you come up with this year.

You have found the right place to find all the info you will need and the guys here are awsome at helping out with any questions you may have. You should also think about coming to the mini this year as they are a good place to check out all sorts of software and hardware.

Good Luck this year.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Scott, Welcome to ACL from another QLD'r (is there an echo in here.)

Very impressive display and we look forward to answering any of your questions to help you out.

Bird

LOR user
17.gif

to ACL Scott

You already have a great display. It should be very impressive when animated.
As you have already noted the people here have made some great post and Wiki information available.
If you have a question ask away in the forums or chat.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL. Im glad you are finding this place very helpful, lots of info and help here so dont be afraid to ask questions

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Scott, welcome to ACL. That's a great looking and colourful display you have there. Looking forward to see what else you can do after exploring the forums and sharing ideas on chat!
Cheers, Graham