Hi from Glenmore Park, NSW!

jmcdonald4

New elf
Hi all from Glenmore Park, Sydney NSW!

I signed up here last year but its been only recently that I've actually sat down and browsed through all the fantastic information and idea's on ACL. Just thought I'd say hi and explain a bit about my system I've got going on. At the moment I've only got 24 channels, but you'd be surprised with the amazing creations and layouts one can design with 24 channels! This year I've imported around 80+ sets of LED strings from China (20 Blue, 20 Red, 20 Green and 20 White. At $4.79 each from a wholesaler, it was a steal...literally! I plan on covering the entire front of the house with them and controlling each of the colours individually...hoping to create some amazing effects.

Over the years I've hand cut and painted over 40+ wooden cutouts of different cartoon characters which are simply amazing, I've got a few inflatable's, boxes and boxes of incandescent lights which can be used to cover trees and bushes etc.

Overall this year its estimated I will string approx. 25,000 lights. Can't wait to begin setting up :D Any idea's or tips and tricks you would like to share would be great! I'm a true DIYer ;)

Regards,
Jack

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Jack and welcome back to ACL. Sounds like you have great vision for your display and there is many ways for you to controll your new strings. Don't be afraid to post any queries in the forum no matter how silly you think they may be. Would love to see some video of your current display and if you get a chance post your location on the map.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome Jack to ACL, sound like you have a major setup going there at Glenmore park. I always love to see another fellow New South Welshman being part of the forum as im in NSW myself. Looks like i missed you in the chat room as i noticed you jumped in there for a bit. Feel free to post any questions or jump into chat, the guys here are very knowledgable.

JPB

Full time elf
Welcome Jack, I think your second person from Glenmore Park to join just recently.

No real tips that I can think of straight up except for don't leave it to the last minute, get your show finished nice and early so that you can have it running for a couple of weeks before "show time" to iron out any little bugs.
What hardware and software are you running?

I am just down the freeway at Glenwood

Jon

jmcdonald4

New elf
Thanks all for the kind welcoming :D

I won't hesitate to post any questions or problems I may have in the forums; great to see so many people who enjoy the same stuff I do :D I will definitely post some video's of my display once it's up and running.

Hopefully I can begin setting up all the basic cabling this weekend, should be fun :)

Thanks,
Jack.