Hi from Gympie, Qld

mangoat

Full time elf
Hi.
Just new. Joined in december. Disappeared off the face of the planet due to the server crash.

But hoping to get into this enough to build a 15 to 20' high pixel led tree for my first build......

im after a lot of advice on controllers, software, and led's to use ........ and advice on what to expect from the guy in china or wherever he is you all seem to use.

thanks for the awsome guides and stuff on the site. just simply amazing. still reading through everything.

ive done a fair bit with dmx stuff for stage lighting, but never on a scale like this as far as building stuff.

cheers
mangoat

harrison0550

Full time elf
Welcome_%281%29.gif

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Mangoat, welcome to ACL. You've come to the right place for information and inspiration. This has been my first year at sequenced lighting and I've really enjoyed the whole learning process. What kind of tree were you thinking? A 2d ray tree? A 360 or 180 deg tree? I made my first 2d ray tree from strip here. It's 12 strips x 3 metres (30 pixel/90 LEDs). I am really happy with the result. My inspiration came from fasteddy (like many others).
As for Ray, I have placed 2 orders with him this year and received both within a week from order and one was a custom order for the 3 metre strip with pigtails soldered on. He has responded to my emails within 48hours and mostly within 24 hours.
There are an amazing amount of talented and friendly people here on ACL to help out. I'm really glad I found this site 12 months ago.

dale82

Senior elf
Welcome to ACL mate! Im only located an hour and a half from you, Feel free to ask any questions as there are many people here with great advice.

mangoat

Full time elf
habb, im thinking 360deg. or 180deg, depends where i put it, and cost, etc, but 360deg is the aim.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL again, lots of great info as your discovering, Lots of time to learn and make the right choices and im sure you will have a display that is the talk of your area for 2014

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
elcome aboard. Love the town of Gympie, right near Tin Can Bay.... Ahhhhhh, have i spent some time there.

Well, welcome aboard. Ask away your questions. Great to have you aboard

mangoat

Full time elf
will be ducking down to tin can bay in a few days for some good fishing and crabbing....gotta find the fish, i know the crabbing spots, mmmm, mud crabs, i catch em and give them away......

lol, silly huh, i go fishing and crabbing, and barely eat any of what i catch.....

mangoat

Full time elf
p12s - on order

leds - about to be on order soon along with power supplies

software - trying to justify the investment hahahaaah