Hi from Gympie, Qld

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
Welcome to ACL mate.

Your shopping list looks good. Just check your numbers to make sure you have enough power. 8)

mangoat

Full time elf
pixel count: 21 strands x 50 = 1050

wattage needed: 1050* .3w = 315watts

2x 350watt power supplies will be running well under maximum...... agreed???

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
This is plenty more than the 75% safety level I normally use so you have more than enough power.

You should also check the length of strings and where to inject additional power.

Normal rule of thumb I use and I see being used is every 100 pixels with a base run cable to ensure you don't have strange behaviour or pinkish lights.

Regards

mangoat

Full time elf
order placed !!! :)
yay......... im excited, now the best part of a few weeks til i see it.

my plan was to inject at either every 50 pixels, as in the design in my head, this would make my construction neat and tidy........ but all depends i guess.

will look into cable to use for that soon :) jaycar or someone would do stuff i can use for that.

cheers guys.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
the stuff looks ok.. what qty's of each are you getting?

Things to keep in mind, your gonna need 12 female plugs, just for the controller, + a set of plugs for each string you purchase. Also, power requirements + redundancy.

however, it all appears to work together

mangoat

Full time elf
i ordered 21 strings of led's
2 psu's
50 male plugs
50 female sockets
50 screw on caps

plus my p12s and dmx thingo will be here mon or tuesday :)

plus some other simple rgb 3led modules i ordered on ebay will be here in a week or so i think

mangoat

Full time elf
and i know, i know, cable isnt against interracial connections...... nor am i, i just like the keep things awsomely colour coded :) hahahhaha.

all my connections for power will be around the base of the tree on my first project, so no biggie, would probably spiral wrap it all anyway :)