Hi from Lismore NSW

phoenixthesmeg

New elf
Hi,

My name is Jacob and I joined last year but never introduced myself then. I have finally started getting some stuff done and since getting 2-wire strings was simpler and cheaper that is where I started and got a controller from Hanson Electronics (The DMX2-18) I have also bought a rPI-28D+ and some pixel strings to experiment with and maybe introduce next year.

I have been using xlights and vixen which are both good (although I like xlights ability to create custom models). The one thing I haven't been able to do is get the strobe or twinkle effect to be exactly the same on all strings (If anyone knows how I can get that to happen I would be very grateful). I did get lucky with the candle flicker effect in vixen and got all channels identical but only once.

It took me a while to get the pixels to light up but it turns out it was a bonehead moment on my behalf as I thought I tried wiring from either end but apparently didn't.

It certainly is fun and interesting getting into the hobby and I look forward to intruding timed sequences in the future (just using a simple pattern for now).

Oh yes, A big thank you to Alan from Hanson Electronics for pointing out a wrong item selection on my first order (asked fror the dmx-18 which doesn't suit 2-wire strings) and for all the cool stuff on the site that I have bought and drooled over.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I saw Lismore in the title and thought "cool I sent some stuff to Lismore the other day". Turns out that I know to who now.
1 of the gurus like Keith could tell you how to get all the effects in sync. I've been shown how but it's never sunk in as I've never used it.