Hi From Perth WA

Tonyf1949

New elf
Am new to this and would like to hear from others in the Perth north area to pick their brains a little so I can have a head start regarding suppliers and equipment. Bit daunted at present with what is available and want to spend my money in the right direction. Have had large static displays in the past but am very impressed with what I have seen here and the enthusiasm from members. I have a hands on electronics background and have done much low voltage wiring in and out of premises in my past life in electronic security systems. I have lots of time up my sleeve but like to plan and test things in advance. Would like to see what is required from someone that has a display going.
Will be aiming this year for a 5mt Cosmic Color Xmas tree and smaller spirals and arches with intelligent pixels to music as well as using my many existing strings. Very conversant with cabling and voltage problems as well as the many different supplies to light strings.

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Welcome to the Madhouse Tony

First thing to do is read the 101 manual, then read it again. Jump into chat and talk to the fellow inmates, lots of good people who are generous with their knowledge.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting_101

we call your "cosmic colour xmas tree" a Mega tree, there's lots of good info available on how to build the various versions, they are definitely a centre piece of a great show. Cosmic colour is an LOR term ?? there are other options available that are significantly cheaper than LOR.

Cheers
Fing

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, looks like you have the fundamentals covered which is a great head start on most, now its a matter of understanding your options and then going with it. I look forward to seeing what you do this year

Tonyf1949

New elf
Hi Gareth.
Have seen the video on your display here but not your actual lights. Pity as I have been to my sisters static display in Playford Mews Landsdale many times. I would like to make contact with you to have a chinwag on how to do it as I hate wasting time and money on inferior or wrong equipment. I would like to start on mega trees and spirals but unsure of the multitude of equipment available. If is at all possible can you contact me on tonyf@iinet.net.au

scamper

Dedicated elf
Hey welcome to ACL Tony. I too am from this side of the border.... but a little further south in Collie.
If you ever head this way, look me up I will show you what I got.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome58.gif