Hi from Rich in Brisbane.

speedy1

New elf
Hi,

I'm a new member here. Every year or so, I try to fit in a XMAS light project. I will have a look for some videos and photos to add for every one to view. Over the past years I have made a static Santa with two white boomers pulling his slay. The most in depth project was a matrix display with 196 high intensity LEDS, I designed and built the hardware, software with interfaced into an excel program via the parallel port that allows you to change the image with ease. The kids love to make new pictures with it. Also it now gives a count down to XMAS. This year I would like to get RSS feeds going for a bit of fun.

About me:

42 with 3 kids and a great Mrs. I'm a Sparky by trade and also studied at uni part time for over 12 years, to gain my Bachelor of Technology. I have worked in electronics design in the past. Currently work as a product manager on Information based products. Electronics is just a very part time hobby now.

I have been reading all about RGB strings and control. Hope to post about a new project idea soon.

Thanks. Speedy1

speedy1

New elf
Home Made - Static Santa with two white boomers !

This is about 8 meters long and 2 meters high !

MGalleryItem.php

Mike

CLAP infected!
Hi Speedy1

I'm new here too. Welcome.
The people here are great. Very knowledgeable
I may not be able to give you any help on the technical side of things, still trying to learn. But I'm always up for a chat

Cheers
Mike

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, glad you have found us. Your electrical and electronics knowledge will sure be a help, lot of great ideas created by lots of talented people. Feel free to join in the post or the chat anytime.