Hi from Sleighrider

SleighRider

New elf
I live in the Sutherland Shire of Sydney and have always loved Christmas light displays and love doing them myself. To date I have been limited to the store-bought strings and the limitations that come with them. I have however made my own LED balls from a standard string from a shop.

Now however I would like to get more serious and have decided to take the next step and look at making my own displays. I am currently in the research phase and deciding on what hardware to get. Plenty of sites out there to review.

I’ve probably left it too late for 2022 but hope to have things ready for 2023 (providing shortages are a thing of the past).

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL
Plenty of time to get going still. A few weeks too late to have made it to the Sydney mini where you could have got an enormous heads up on the path you're heading down.
I have pretty limited shortages on my site. Almost everything is in stock.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome Sleighrider! A few of us here in Sydney, some seasoned, and some starting their first year (like myself).

Visit the chatroom, post questions here, and if the weather ever clears up, maybe some visits could be in order.

Rick33

New elf
Welcome to ACL.
Enough time comes down to how big a display and how much of your own sequencing you plan on doing. Good luck. 👍 😁

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL. It's not quite too late yet. You dont have to have an entire house display setup, just choose 1-2 specific props and work on those as a priority, anything else can be a bonus. However, try to plan for expansion in the future where you can.
Here's a handy video that covers most things to consider if you're on a bit of a time crunch, but feel free to ask any further questions here or in chat.

View: https://youtu.be/jf7uLhUObAk

Pavle

Full time elf
Welcome Sleighrider - I am not too far from the shire (I can throw a stone over the river) and there is another member that ran a show in Alfords point last year. If you are in need of any local support, let me know and would be happy to see if I can assist.