Hi from sunny (not) Melbourne

AntinOz

Apprentice elf
Hi all, thought I had already said hello but it appears not. My wife has been wrapping the house up in lights for the last five years and I finally decided enough is enough. For this year I have only really dipped my toe in and am now controlling all the Big W icicles and LED strings that we have accumulated.
I think this may become addictive though, I am already trying to work out how to take over all of the other static lights around the house including a bunch of low voltage solars.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Hi and welcome! It's definitely sunny and hot here in Brisbane!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354597305.510350.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354597305.510350.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 17

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, Looks like you may have the early stages of CLAP (Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem) Now by hanging around this forum it will only make things worse for you as most have the CLAP here. We also have a CLAP Support chat room for members that are afflicted :D

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome27.gif

burner

Full time elf
Welcome aboard, what part of Melbourne are you in?
The weather here has been really crap. Last Friday was the last of the warm days. I can't believe it snowed at Mt Hotham today and will continue for a while (in summer!!).

AntinOz

Apprentice elf
burner said:
Welcome aboard, what part of Melbourne are you in?
The weather here has been really crap. Last Friday was the last of the warm days. I can't believe it snowed at Mt Hotham today and will continue for a while (in summer!!).
Yeah, my wife is complaining about the cold!

I am in Lyndhurst... you can see my place from Western Port Hwy just south of Glasscocks Rd (just look for the dull glow in the sky).

I have just finished wiring up almost all the 30v LED strings we have (my wife keeps finding extras). From "just dipping my toe in", I already have 7 strings setup with one more to go. I know 16 channels isn't a lot but it is a start. Playing with some simple sequences now and think I need to get some cheap PC speakers.

Robbo

Full time elf
Welcome to your new addiction!

Drive the Westernport Highway to get to work each day in Clayton.....south of glasscocks road you would be in that estate opposite mcdonalds?

16 channels is plenty enough to get started with, I started with 16...no idea how many I have now as I didn't get a display done for 2012, but will be back bigger better and brighter for 2013....

AntinOz

Apprentice elf
Robbo said:
Welcome to your new addiction!

Drive the Westernport Highway to get to work each day in Clayton.....south of glasscocks road you would be in that estate opposite mcdonalds?
Estate just before that (there are two estates there) but they look like one.

My house backs on to Western Port and I have been tempted to put something along the gutter/on the roof on that side but I thought it might be too distracting for drivers on the Hwy.

AntinOz

Apprentice elf
Thanks for all the welcome messages, I think I have come down with CLAP already... just ordered a 24V power supply as the static 24V lights in the front yard (reindeer, candy canes, cheap tree) were bugging me.

My wife just likes the fact that we don't have dozens of plug packs to deal with so it is a win/win...

Slite

Full time elf
Imagine how happy she will be when you say "No plugs at all... we just hook every wire directly into the controllers!" :)

And welcome to the world of CLAP, just empty your wallet on the table in the corner over there :)