Hi from the Gold Coast

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Hi All,

I thought I should introduce myself.

I have a history of static displays, nothing impressive though.

My inspiration for going computerised started with creativelightingdisplays.com "This is Halloween" video.

I started looking at what Australian's are doing and found Fast Eddy's show (great song mix btw) and naturally found these forums from there.

I am thinking I will go LOR with DMX and DC led all the way (with some exceptions - as always), but am open to feedback from people who know more then me :)

I work as a Network Systems Administrator at a private school in Brisbane, so I know computers and networking. As a full time geek I also like to learn as much about electronics as I can (although I can't solder to save myself).

Well that's it, bye!

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome32.gif

Bird

LOR user
18.gif

to ACL

You have a great wealth of knowledge all around you. This is the place to be when wanting to make your display go blinky.
Lots of information in the forums and Wiki. If you can't find what you looking for or have any questions just post a question in the forums or jump into the chat room and ask. Many friendly people here that will be glad to give you an answer your point you in the right direction.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Hi and welcome to ACL.

Its great to see more people around here taking up this great hobby.

Good luck with your display this year and if you have time try and come to our mini it will be worth it.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, Im glad my video of my display brought you here, I hope you learn lots here for you to create a great first year synchronised display. Feel free to ask any questions, the only dumb questions here are the questions you dont ask, so feel free to pick the brains of the talented members here.

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I will try to attend anything that is happening in South East QLD, where do I sign up?

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
PuffedSlinky said:
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I will try to attend anything that is happening in South East QLD, where do I sign up?

Hi again Puffed.
You can find the details of whats happening for the QLD mini in the wiki here
If you would like to register your name , just pop a post here in the interest thread and i will add you.

Hope to see you there.