Hi from Two Wells

Merry McSnowballs

Apprentice elf
Hi all

I have the Christmas light bug.
I have had a small Christmas light display for two years consisting of lights from Bunnings and Big W lol. So now I have now decided to upgrade to a controllable lights show. No big plans to start with. Just get the basics and build each year. After speaking to a very helpfull couple they pointed me to this forum as the best place to find the equipment and the advice to build an awesome display.

Looking forward to Christmas 2018

adski

Dave Brown
Welcome to ACL. I'm also in Two Wells (Dawkins Road) and happy to talk lights any time.
For a few reasons - busy year and lots of distractions - my display didn't go up this year, but I'll be back for 2018,

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Hey mate welcome to acl glad you found the website as I reckon you are the couple me and crazylightlady spoke too before xmas ! and yes adski david on Dawkins road is the one you mentioned wasnt running this year ! Hope everything is ok there david . But as I probably said to you beforehand read the 101 manual very helpful plus there's a lot of videos now and jump on chat ask questions everyone says there is no such thing as a dumb question here but I believe ive possibly asked a few lol . also keep an eye out for adelaide mini dates usually around june its held and thats where I personally feel you can learn the most over a 2 day period anyway ! the other thing I recommend is start with a few simple projects eg. Mini spiral trees or leaping arches etc etc or simply just a couple of lengths of pixels (as myself and sure many of us want the mega tree or big matrix etc etc to begin ! ) once you can control them! You may be hooked and the only thing that can slow you down is the financial side of things as can become an expensive hobby lol!
Goodluck mate and if you need any local help or advice just let us know !
Regards jason and teresa edmonds road angle vale!
Cheers

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
Hi, Welcome!.
There are lots of people around who can help you get started in the right direction. When I started 2 years ago I was overwhelmed by how much help everyone has been and still is!. I would suggest doing a simple plan for something to start/mess around with and then just come into the forums and ask lots of questions. Happy to help at any time. cheers Ralph

Merry McSnowballs

Apprentice elf
Hey mate welcome to acl glad you found the website as I reckon you are the couple me and crazylightlady spoke too before xmas ! and yes adski david on Dawkins road is the one you mentioned wasnt running this year ! Hope everything is ok there david . But as I probably said to you beforehand read the 101 manual very helpful plus there's a lot of videos now and jump on chat ask questions everyone says there is no such thing as a dumb question here but I believe ive possibly asked a few lol . also keep an eye out for adelaide mini dates usually around june its held and thats where I personally feel you can learn the most over a 2 day period anyway ! the other thing I recommend is start with a few simple projects eg. Mini spiral trees or leaping arches etc etc or simply just a couple of lengths of pixels (as myself and sure many of us want the mega tree or big matrix etc etc to begin ! ) once you can control them! You may be hooked and the only thing that can slow you down is the financial side of things as can become an expensive hobby lol!
Goodluck mate and if you need any local help or advice just let us know !
Regards jason and teresa edmonds road angle vale!
Cheers
Hi Jason and Teresa.

Yes it was us you spoke to.
After speaking to you the bug has gotten worse or better depending on how you look at it. Lol
I’ve been watch vids flat out.
Spent an entire day play with xlights the possibilities are end less.
Feeling a little overwhelmed watching setup vids but once I get the equipment I’m sure I’ll find all the advice I need on this forum.
Can’t wait for the bulk buy so i can get my hand on a controller and start the process.

Thanks again for you time.
Ben.

Merry McSnowballs

Apprentice elf
Welcome to ACL. I'm also in Two Wells (Dawkins Road) and happy to talk lights any time.
For a few reasons - busy year and lots of distractions - my display didn't go up this year, but I'll be back for 2018,
Good to hear you will be back.
Love your lights
When I get a controller and some lights I might have to pick your brain.

Thanks
Ben

the grinch

Haha yeah this clap (christmas lighting addiction problem ! Apparently) disease clearly as everyone knows I do not suffer from ? but my wife certainly has a severe case and still looking to see if betty ford has a 28 day program for her lol. ,

the grinch

Hi Jason and Teresa.

Hey ben thats really cool ,
But also you can download for free vixen is another software available . Myself have used for a couple of years but neved could quite grasp and get the full potential from ! Possibly to being a little computer illiterate !
But yes definitely download give it a go . Adski is a huge guru for vixen also is a couple of other users I know local of vixen ! and is like the ford vs holden scenario but at the end of the day go with what works best ! And we are so so fortunate now that we don't pay for this software as we used too! And is a hundred times better and have greater support .

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL!
Suggest you get along to your local Mini meet this year to see items first hand and discuss with fellow CLAPpers your plans and ideas for this year.
Don't rush out and buy gear first off, do a bit of research via the forum, chat or Friday evening Zoom online conferences first, so it's a valuable investment :)

ElSalZi

Full time elf
After speaking to you the bug has gotten worse or better depending on how you look at it. Lol
I’ve been watch vids flat out.
Feeling a little overwhelmed watching setup vids but once I get the equipment I’m sure I’ll find all the advice I need on this forum.
Can’t wait for the bulk buy so i can get my hand on a controller and start the process.

Thanks again for you time.
Ben.

:laugh::laugh: Welcome... Another-one bites the dust - dusty old Christmas lights, that is!

I've recently been told that I'm ignoring the family ... o_O

"I'm researching, Honey!" :laugh:

My only worry is that my wallet isn't deep enough for what I want ... :confused: what with the wife/daughter/son taxes ... :p