Hi from Wyoming

Winney

Is it time to start decorating?
My husband and I have played with Christmas lights for several years. We had 48 channels of animated lighting, but we sent them for conversion to LOR last week.

We attended the Christmas expo in Gatlinburg Tenn, and learned how to improve our display with RGB's and animatronics. We bought two strings of RGB's and the light o rama software. We started building a Ferris wheel from the Winfield collection and ordered servos for a christmas character we call Candy Cane. She will be in a gingerbread house narrating the show. Our display will be called christmas kiddie land.

I was told on a LoR forum if you are using RGB's, you need to go to Australia. This forum is as close as I will get until I am cured of the CLAP!

Thanks in advance of all the help I will need

Vickie

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome Vickie.
After being infected with CLAP that 48 channels is going to be eclipsed incredibly fast.
Have a trawl around the posts, read Eddys lighting 101 manual and ask away if you have any problems.

LOR rocks :)

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! I don't know why they would tell you that you have to go to Aus. but this is the greatest bunch of people in the hobby. Welcome and read, read, and read. Good luck and stop by the chat room and say hi.
John

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
Winney, you were told correctly that "Go to Austrila" is where it is. I have been in this forumn for some time & this is the one to be in if you are getting into the RGB stuff. Be sure to read all the PDF manuals you can find on the RGB stuff. There is never a question that goes un-answered in this forumn. Feel right at home & ask , ask, ask & ask one more time...

oldmanfathertime1000
(Louisiana)

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Vickie

I'm sure you and your husband will enjoy this forum and get all the info need for your display.
The AusChristmasLighting 101 manual is a great resource. This is the place to be for RGB and many things Christmas and even a little with other holidays.
Lots of very friendly folks will be glad to help your CLAP grow. :)

MacThomas76

Animated Shows since 2012
Welcome to ACL, Vickie and husband!

This is definitely the place to be for those who like to "play with Christmas lights." You will find everyone here very helpful, friendly and encouraging. I found the forums to be just a wealth of knowledge. The more I read, the worse the CLAP got, in a good way! Your themed display sounds very cool. I hope you will be able to share some videos of it in the Showoff Arena!

Great to have you on ACL!!

Thomas
(Richmond, VA)