hi guys. im new

topgia

New elf
Hi guys.

I'm thinking of starting my first light display.
I have been looking at first off, using two 27 channel dmx controllers
And some led strips.

can you guy recommend any type of leds that work well.
thanks

which strips work great from aliexpress.com?
Im looking at the strips which you can individually change their colour.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
Welcome to ACL! The 27 channel dmx board won't run "smart" pixels. You will need a pixel controller like the ones from J1sys, or SanDevices. There are many other controllers out there for "smart" pixels.
John

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Woohoo. Another fellow Victorian :)
If you read a copy of the ACL 101 at http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=1889.0 there's a bunch of the more commonly used lights listed in there with links for them. Good luck getting them in the month before the usual light up time though.
Dumb rgb works off the 27 channel controllers and the colour chosen is the same down the length of the strip.
Smart rgb is pixel and allows a different color every 30mm or so down the length of the strip. Something like the Advatek Pixlite 4 or J1 Sys P2 is required to control this type of strip.

topgia

New elf
Cheers guys.

I have played with the LOR program before and also have researched before. I know understand that I wont be ready for christmas.
I was just looking at simple lights from bunnings and I could get more if I did it myself.
I shall jump on the chat room once ive finished work.

Just basically want to know where people get there lights from.

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Welcome board. I can recommend the DMX36 controller (compared to the Ray 27 channel, a little easier to package and has fuses on board) to drive existing 22Vac/30vdc Bunnings/Big W strings.

It's really more cost effective in the long run to invest in pixels and a P12S, imo.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL