Hi I'm new

Katekate

Senior elf
Hello there I'm Kate.

I like christmas lights.

Here is my display for this year IMG_20191215_160357.jpgIMG_20191215_212959.jpg

Decided I'm going to go bigger for 2020 and go all in on full pixel control. Most I have done for control so far has been to hook everything to a wifi power board so that Google Assistant can turn things on and off.

I really like the presents I made this year, but they don't look that good at night. So I'm going to work on doing new ones with lights in them.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Hi Kate and welcome.
Everyone starts somewhere and so long as you are happy, that is all that matters.
There are a few people on here that have done presents so are many pictures and or instructional videos on how to make them light up, and by the look of those you have done, I am sure when you do the light up ones they will be awesome.
If you haven't already, download the xmas 101 manual as it has everything you need to know in it to control your lights, and remember, on here, the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Kate welcome to ACL.
IN the below thread I show how I made my coro/corflute stars and 2 different sizes of presents using pixels. They are not coloured during the day as you want the light to come through at night, but using either duct or gaffa tape as "ribbon" helps make them look a bit more festive during the day than just boring white boxes.