Hi new member here

Elecgreg

New elf
Good time to start but be sure not to run out of time lots to do.

for myself I’m returning to the lights to however wanting to do a little automation now so the reading an preliminary ordering has begin the hardest thin to deside is how much diy you want to do

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL.
Have a read, post some questions and possibly sit for a while in ACL chat before you buy anything or decide on anything.

Buzz1276

New elf
Welcome to ACL.
Have a read, post some questions and possibly sit for a while in ACL chat before you buy anything or decide on anything.
Thanks for heads up ill do that.I am really looking for a good place to start i am told the 101 manual is best

TerryK

Retired Elf
Hi, welcome to ACL. The 101 Manual is indeed a good place to begin. I would also suggest that you browse the archived forums. A lot of solutions to problems can be found there. Cheers.

Buzz1276

New elf
Hi, welcome to ACL. The 101 Manual is indeed a good place to begin. I would also suggest that you browse the archived forums. A lot of solutions to problems can be found there. Cheers.
Thanks Terry i appreciate the feedback mate
Is there any particular item i would start with
Regards buzz

TerryK

Retired Elf
In whatever order works for you, the 101 Manual and browsing the other ACL sections. The Wiki, Media, and Display Videos can all help with ideas for your display and help provide solutions to problems. As mentioned above, the Chat Room is someplace too to find help, advice, or just some conversation. Another source is the Canispater Christmas videos on Youtube. Jeff makes those and his videos cover mostly the hardware side of the hobby from a hands-on perspective.

Beyond the just mentioned, As Alan posted above, I too suggest to delay the purchase of any pieces/parts until you have a better idea of what hardware and software is available and what works together.