Hi!

Camknox

New elf
Hi everyone,

I attempted to post a greeting last week but apparently something went wrong and it never posted. So here goes again.

I've been lurking around visiting the forums since last Christmas. I'm definitely a lighting beginner. I'm captivated by all the wonderful displays and shows. One day I hope to do something similar.

Currently I am using a majority of Kmart lights (icicles, strings etc). I've modified a couple of the controllers to lock them down to always on (thanks to the helpful guide here). Would love to know how to lock them to a specific pattern program though. Otherwise this season I've finally grown tired of each string being out of sequence with the others of similar placement so I have gotten inventive and spliced a few of them together (3 strings max at the moment). My display finally has some cohesion!

This year we splurged out and got an animated Santa on a sled and reindeer arrangement made out of rope lights. It's a winner with the neighbours and kids. I'd love to find a giant Merry Christmas sign or if someone knows how to make one (or point me in the right direction) I'd be keen to have a crack for next season.

The next step from here is to think about some sort of controller etc. But that's a ways away $$ wise.

This is a picture from last year. Some changes this year but so far I haven't taken any pictures.

Attachments

• 012-small.jpg
    012-small.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Camknox

New elf
After my post I decided it was time to get some snaps for this year.

Attachments

• 234-small.jpg
    234-small.jpg
    930.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 236-small.jpg
    236-small.jpg
    873.4 KB · Views: 17

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome36.png

Camknox

New elf
I stepped up my display (last minute decision) and using 2x 600 LED strings I had left decided to cover the 2nd story roof to make it more visible from the main road. I ran short towards the bottom so I ducked out to Kmart (where all my lights are from) to pick up another string. Got them all mounted and went to wire them all together and wouldn't you know it; Kmart has decided to switch from DC strings to AC this year. That sucks.

So now I have to pull a DC string from another position on my house to place on the roof so I can sync them all together and then use the AC string in place. Annoying but not completely out of the question.

Please Kmart stop changing things! It's bad enough every controller is different! Nice way for them to make more profit. Charge the same but use cheaper AC strings...

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, you will learn lots from the great members that this community offers, so feel free to ask questions