HLS 14j the best !

angus40

Senior elf
With the new save as feature added to creating new display groups , users can now create effects like this easily .
reveal

Habbosrus

Back again
Hey Richard, where do we access this new feature? Is it Manage Raw Channels/Select Channels and Assign to Display Group/New? I didn't see anything different there so I didn't go any further. Is "Save As" available as an option after you select save?

angus40

Senior elf
Habbosrus said:
Hey Richard, where do we access this new feature? Is it Manage Raw Channels/Select Channels and Assign to Display Group/New? I didn't see anything different there so I didn't go any further. Is "Save As" available as an option after you select save?
yes , you put a check mark in the " save as new group " prior to saving .
this allows users to progressively save channel order for sequential sequencing .:)
I hope this is not confusing !

Habbosrus

Back again
Sorry, I thought I was grasping the concepts of HLS pretty well but I'm having trouble getting my head around this one. I'm sure it's not confusing, it's just my brain not working properly. Any chance of a quick video tut when you get a chance? I'm guessing it works similar to segments. Is that correct?

Madko

Full time elf
Also any chance of getting a link to show how to set up a preview. Starting from loading of photo of house and and drawing the lines and associating the outputs etc. I thought I saw one before but you think I can find it now.
Does the latest version still have the picture preview?
Cheers

angus40

Senior elf
Habbosrus said:
Sorry, I thought I was grasping the concepts of HLS pretty well but I'm having trouble getting my head around this one. I'm sure it's not confusing, it's just my brain not working properly. Any chance of a quick video tut when you get a chance? I'm guessing it works similar to segments. Is that correct?
Hello .

look at my pixel order on the grid in this effect , you should get the idea how this is done .
depending on the element you are sequencing , you need to think how is the logical way to order the pixels in your display group to acheive the desired effect.
pixel grouping

angus40

Senior elf
Madko said:
Also any chance of getting a link to show how to set up a preview. Starting from loading of photo of house and and drawing the lines and associating the outputs etc. I thought I saw one before but you think I can find it now.
Does the latest version still have the picture preview?
Cheers
Here is Joe's youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHinkleJr/videos

Habbosrus

Back again
Ding!!! The light above my head just turned on ;) . Got it now. I don't know why I was having so much trouble understanding before. I knew it would be quite easy. As soon as I looked at your video it was very clear. Thanks for all your help.

angus40

Senior elf
just an FYI this only works for rgb , you cannot make a
pixel plane effect from the edit channel order.
I have created 42 work groups , one for each of my 42 pixels /per string.
I incremented the channel order in each work group x5 to create these effects .
each time I changed to the incremented workgroup it has and adverse reaction to the grid ,

You will notice that the previous effects don't look proper NOTE : they are correct.