Holiday Coro business practice

KStatefan

New elf
But the problem with the vendors that are doing the right thing are they now have to prove that they are with a audit which will cost them money that they can not get back and will come off their profits so they will need to charge us more because some one was caught in the till and want to bring others down with them to save themself from paying the full amount of what they required to pay

To add to this is is not just a audit it could be an audit from every state so a small company that was doing everything correct could end up with thousands in legal and accounting fees to prove they are innocent.

• Wow
Reactions: AAH

Gilrock

Full time elf
Let's not forget what David Moore did to the Australia based business Advatek. But just like back then I can't believe some of you are here supporting that rat. David Moore once spoke to me on the phone about doing work for him. Then I heard the content of what he wanted and I didn't want any part of it. He wanted me to create a version of xLights for him that ripped out everything related to his competitors. If it was up to me support for his stuff would have never made it into xLights. He has also been free to include his models in the download section and has chosen not to do so because he wanted it to be so expensive that he was the only vendor that could afford to do it. I think Joe Hinkle is a stand up guy and a talented engineer/software person. It's a shame he got involved with HC.

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I've had a private message sent on DIYC, but I think a moderator has removed the member because I can no longer view the message on the site.
I don't know the legitimacy about legal stuff mentioned here.

"My name is Alex and I'm the founder and CEO of TaxValet. I'm reaching out because someone from your community shared this forum post with us."
Points said:
  1. State DORs do not request names of competitors as a part of a settlement or voluntary disclosure process. This has never happened, and likely never will happen.
  2. Even if it were possible that this business reported you, it would only be to a single state. There is a 0% chance that a "deal" like this would be offered in every state, at the same time.
  3. There is a certain amount of information that is required in order to report a noncompliance business to a state DOR. Many states require owner/officer contact information, legal entity name, EIN, and an estimate of tax evaded. This information would need to be submitted on a state-by-state basis. There is no easy way to "bulk submit" this across the states.
(Following parts where basically advertising to their company).

I was anticipating there would be something in the US legal system so that you can't just create a claim without any evidence or in anonymously.
I don't think the others have anything to worry about.
I think David Moore is making more of a scene from all this.

Last edited: