holiday coro like candy canes

tooms

12v4life
Hi,

First year using xlights, was on Vixen for the last 3 years.

I'm still struggling with these holiday coro like candy canes, the one in the video has a total of 56 pixels and each segment is grouped into 4.

I really like the automatic configuration of the Falcon Pi & Falcon controllers I have with xlights so I'm trying to drive all the config for the controllers from xlights and not make any changes to the controllers directly.

Previously under vixen I had the controllers configured to group each 4 nodes and then tell Vixen the whole element was only 14 pixels in total, then using the alternating effect it was a nice smooth effect of red and white over the candy cane.

Any idea's how I can achieve this with xlights? I've been recommended the single string and bars effect, but everything I've tried so far yields the same result of it just not looking right.

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated!

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Grouping the pixels on the controller is really the best way to do this. It doesn't preclude you uploading but you need to set the grouping the first time manually. After that it should stick.

tooms

12v4life
Thanks Keith, I gave it a shot and it looks slightly better but still struggling with which effect in xlights would be the best

cdbrown

New elf
Have you tried Bars effect. I'm fairly sure that's the effect I use on my candy canes (10 pixel modules)