House Outline Setup Help

RevRob

New elf
Hello everyone,
Plese excuse me if this has been asked before. I am wanting to know the correct way to set up the outline of my new house in xlights. I had it set up for my old house but moved last march and had to take a year off to get settled. I am starting to work on getting the new house outlined with pixel strips but wanted to make sure I set it up correctly since it has been a few years since I did the old house. The way I did the old house was to make a custome model and put all the strips in it. Is this still the best way? I want to be able to do effects where everything moves from one side of the house and back and want it to look correct.

Thank you!

Last edited:

RevRob

New elf
use polyline
Brad had the right answer without knowing the question! Create new polyline is what you're looking for. Works great for house outline
Ok so if I have lets say 19 to 22 strips in the outline then I will have to do several poly lines and then break them down to fit the correct # of pixes and connections? Also when I go to sequence the outline will I have to drop effects on all the polly lines? I am sorry just a little confused when I did the old house a few years back I did it as a custom model so only had to drop effects on one line. I hope this makes sense.

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
The overall polyline should be at the top level, you can then expand on it to drop an effect to the individual level. You can run one polyline the entire way round and delete the sections you dont need (from memory)