House Outline - Superstar or Sequence Editor

melrob

New elf
Help! I have programmed my 12 CCR tree and my 20 x 10 matrix in Superstar. I'm pretty ok at using it.

Now I am doing an RGB DMX house outline for the first time. I have created it in visualiser (7 x Strings) with all the correct channels and importing it into Superstar.

My issue is I guess I thought I could just drop it in and do an instant sequence and bam it would work. However it seems that it instead of just dropping an effect on and having it apply to the whole outline, it only applies to certain parts.

Are there any way you can apply an effect to a whole outline easily, or do you have to go through strand by strand to get the effect to work?

Is there a better program to do house outlines well?

Just didn't feel like putting in another 5 hours worth of programming when there's so much else to do!

Thanks guys.

Just so you know I have tried different setups with the sequencing grid when importing the visualisation but it still doesn't look nice.

dale82

Senior elf
I was wondering have you Looked into Xlights? Its a free program and its great for Pixels. Just a thought. I am sorry I cant help you with your LOR issue as I haven't used LOR for 2 years now.

I hope you work it out and get your display going as you would like.

Cheers

Gilrock

Full time elf
I could help you with xLights but its probably late for you to jump into a new sequencer this year. I don't know what your layout looks like after you imported it but doesn't it show up as all the strands appearing in a matrix? You should be able to do things like drop a morph effect and drag the start and end points so that it covers the whole matrix i.e. you create a really wide morph. The problem you might have is if the strands in the middle of the house are left edge aligned in the matrix with the strands on the edge of the house the effect wouldn't look like it was travelling across the house. It would look like its starting at the edge and the middle at the same time. I haven't tried their Pixel Editor but maybe it can do the whole house type stuff.

melrob

New elf
Ok folks. Started using LOR pixel editor, fortunately upgraded to the PRO version.

However has anyone used this yet? If so, do you know how to export it back into Sequence Editor when you have other Intensity data files in there.

Haven't tried yet, but it sounds like you can't have more than one intensity data file in there, which I have from my matrix and CCR tree.

How else can it get back into Sequence Editor?

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
I have used the pixel editor as well as the LOR sequencer to do most of my sequences. I also use Xlights for most of my pixels. For my CCR's I use superstar. So it is a combination of the 4 there of.

Also you can import your entire sequence into the pixel editor for viewing and do not need the visualizer.
The pixel editor is actually a early version of Xlights slightly modified.

Once, you have everything in the pixel editor, do any sequencing there, you can do the intensity data and run it from the sequencer.

I am in chat most of the time and can show you how to do any of this as well.

-Blu

melrob

New elf
Hi Blu,

Thanks for that. However I only have one thing to sequence in Pixel editor, that's the house outline. The rest of my house is still basic or edited in Superstar (should have done matrix in pixel editor though - which I may still import and do).

I think Pixel editor is quite clunky compared to Sequence Editor (more options and better GUI to work with) so I think I would prefer to stick with Sequence editor for my 50 other on/off elements.

So I'm presuming that you cannot export from pixel editor into superstar once it's completed.

If this is the case, how do you get pixel editor to be in the show, the same time as the stuff in the sequence editor?

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
You can just put all your house elements in Pixel editor
Then place those elements into groups. This way you can sequence them individually or as a group

Also, you can import your Superstar stuff into pixel editor.

When Done you do the intensity data... it should add them to your Sequence....

What I do is import all my elements into pixel editor so I can see the entire song running.

Another thing you can do is use the chase key in the sequencer using your other elements as timing guides

-Blu