How big is a mini, a pico and a nano? and what is bigger than a mini?

multicast

Senior elf
Ok, so, i'm proposing to avoid confusion we adopt some standards for meets.

A pico is 2-5 people.
a nano is 6-19 people
a mini is 19-100 people

101-500 is what?

and if we ever got 500 blinky nutters together?

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I think who cares what we call it really.

we have been calling minis minis for years and they have been from a handful of people to over 30

in the end I don't think the name of a get together is going to make any difference to the things learnt or shared at the get together

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I called the 3 person get together last year a micro mini.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I think the name really doesnt matter. But most already in the hobby know them as minis both here and in the US. So adopting new names will just add confusion for no real gain because what do you call it at first when you are gaining interest for attendees and final numbers are never known until the day.
Maybe the evolution of our hobby will eventually create a major national meet and this may be where we use the name mega, major, blinkycon or any other appropriate name
just my 2 cents worth :D

damo1271

Full time elf
What happens if, on the day, an extra person turns up and takes the attendance from 19 to 20 or vice versa. Would the event have to be renamed? :p

multicast

Senior elf
damo1271 said:
What happens if, on the day, an extra person turns up and takes the attendance from 19 to 20 or vice versa. Would the event have to be renamed? :p

That would be covered in rule 17, subsection (a) and (k)

dale82

Senior elf
The only confusing part is wanting to change the name, for what reason? who knows, Yet who cares. In NZ call it whatever you feel the need to call it, Here in Australia and the rest of the Globe we will call it a "Mini" ;)

multicast

Senior elf
dale82 said:
The only confusing part is wanting to change the name, for what reason? who knows, Yet who cares. In NZ call it whatever you feel the need to call it, Here in Australia and the rest of the Globe we will call it a "Mini" ;)

You clearly care.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
i just like the fact that we can get together and share ideas hints and tips with like minded people who cares what its called

dale82

Senior elf
Qiang Fu Kiwi said:
You clearly care.

You are obviously delusional as no I don't really care about it, your the one that made a massive issue out of it. Do as you feel Andrew. I was trying to be nice in the beginning but I no longer have time for keyboard warriors like yourself. Have a nice Day