How do I draw a window frame with 3 windows?

daunce

Full time elf
Hi all.

I'm moving to attaching more lights higher up on the house (damn you growing hedges!), but I'm not that good within xLights.

I'm trying to draw a model for my windows. These are actually 3 separate windows. The included window frame model doesn't seem to support dividing it, but also only has options to start the string in corners. The only reason I chose to start where I did was to simplify the wiring.

I want to be able to sequence each window frame individually or as a whole.

I was able to use the PolyLine tool, and put in 0 pixels for the second last segment, which I thought was perfect, but when drawing the horizontal segments, holding [Shift] doesn't make it snap to be exactly horizontal/vertical. In the image below, the joins in green are exaggerated. They will be right up against each other to look as if it's a continuous line.

1641943934748.png
Q1) Is it possible to have PolyLine snap to horizontal/vertical axis?
Q2) Is it possible to use the 'align' option on PolyLine segments?
Q3) Is there a better way to do this? ie: just create a custom model?

I'm still going through xLights tutorials, so feel free to link to specific videos you think may have an answer.

Thanks.

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Just use a window frame model then you can set where the data goes into and out of each window. But if you use poly line you will make a line for each section with lights and each section with a wire extension. You can even do that if you have to double back over a lighted section. Then set the extensions to a pixel count of 0.

daunce

Full time elf
I couldn’t see how to split the window frame into having 3 window frames though.
I’ve created a custom model with sub groups which seems to work so far.