How early is too early to put up your lights?

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I'll put mine up in Nov. We usually get a bit of nice weather when I start to put the lights out, just fine enough to give me a false sense of security and then just about a week before light up, the storms arrive and the winds try to rip the display apart. It's a game me and the weather play each year [emoji12]

multicast

Senior elf
Dec 26 is too early, but Jan 1 is fine, and you might as well just leave them up al year.

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
What !!!! you mean you guys don't leave them up all year :p

I usually put mine up last week of November.

-Blu

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I think that 1st of December is the time to turn your lights on, as far as putting up the lights then that can be as early as you need to get the lights going for the 1st of December. But i think outline lights for the gutter of the house could be left up all year so you also use it to give your house additional abience through out the year.

indyeast83

New elf
Normally I don't start putting up my lights till November 1st. But this year because I'm redoing my entire roof I started putting them up last night just for testing and deciding how I was going to be mounting them.

arw01

Full time elf
No later than the 10th of october I plan to get the house outline done, but you really cannot see that until it lights up. Man I'm running out of time!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
I'll be starting my Christmas lights install this weekend before it yes too hot to get on the roof.

In all the years I have been doing this i have found that this part of the year in Sydney is hot and then it will cool right down again in November and December with many overcast days. its only in January that the weather becomes hot and humid around here which has been the same thing for at least the last 5 years

barbotte

Apprentice elf
50 % of my ligh are up ... byt oct 13 my haloween ligh will be on ,,, my cristmas ligh will be up waiting ,, i am using haloween to test everything as early november we have snow ,,,,, 15 November Christmas show is on ... 15 december you dont see my ligh no more on the roof as they are burry under the snow .. tear down is somewhere in late april .may

Habbosrus

Back again
I'll be starting my Christmas lights install this weekend before it yes too hot to get on the roof.
I hope you plan on having your young bloke in a pram in the front yard so he can watch his Dad and learn from a young age! By the time they're teenagers (mine are 15 & 18) they have other things on their minds! Be careful up on the roof mate.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Habbosrus said:
I hope you plan on having your young bloke in a pram in the front yard so he can watch his Dad and learn from a young age! By the time they're teenagers (mine are 15 & 18) they have other things on their minds! Be careful up on the roof mate.

I'll be safe. I got my safety shoes. Dunlop vollies.

Zac will be outside with me but at 4 1/2 months old he is more focused on his fist and arrowroot biscuits.

I know it's pretty hot at the moment but all my lights should be up before end if October. Which leaves November for play time an December for drinking time.

dale82

Senior elf
I've started putting mine up already. I have to test and make sure I have things right before December